Matthew Newton Returns to Rehab, Scrapping 'X Factor' Hosting Gig
Australian actor Matthew Newton has gone back into rehab - just three months after he was discharged from a treatment facility. The "Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities" star checked into a private hospital in Melbourne in April after he was accused of trashing a hotel room in the city where he was staying with his girlfriend, "Transformers" actress Rachael Taylor.
He left the center earlier this summer and subsequently opened up about his alcohol issues, describing himself as a "work in progress". The star was due to begin hosting the Australian version of singing contest "The X Factor" but he's pulled out to focus on his ongoing health issues.
A statement from bosses at Australia's Seven network reads: "Matthew had a strong commitment to the program - he has tried his utmost to make it work. He has the support of his family and close circle of friends as he works his way back to full health."
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting