Matthew Newton Returns to Rehab, Scrapping 'X Factor' Hosting Gig
Australian actor Matthew Newton has gone back into rehab - just three months after he was discharged from a treatment facility. The "Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities" star checked into a private hospital in Melbourne in April after he was accused of trashing a hotel room in the city where he was staying with his girlfriend, "Transformers" actress Rachael Taylor.
He left the center earlier this summer and subsequently opened up about his alcohol issues, describing himself as a "work in progress". The star was due to begin hosting the Australian version of singing contest "The X Factor" but he's pulled out to focus on his ongoing health issues.
A statement from bosses at Australia's Seven network reads: "Matthew had a strong commitment to the program - he has tried his utmost to make it work. He has the support of his family and close circle of friends as he works his way back to full health."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent