Matthew Newton Returns to Rehab, Scrapping 'X Factor' Hosting Gig
Australian actor Matthew Newton has gone back into rehab - just three months after he was discharged from a treatment facility. The "Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities" star checked into a private hospital in Melbourne in April after he was accused of trashing a hotel room in the city where he was staying with his girlfriend, "Transformers" actress Rachael Taylor.
He left the center earlier this summer and subsequently opened up about his alcohol issues, describing himself as a "work in progress". The star was due to begin hosting the Australian version of singing contest "The X Factor" but he's pulled out to focus on his ongoing health issues.
A statement from bosses at Australia's Seven network reads: "Matthew had a strong commitment to the program - he has tried his utmost to make it work. He has the support of his family and close circle of friends as he works his way back to full health."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie