Nadja Benaissa Crying in Court, Admitting She Infected Her Ex-Lovers With HIV
German pop star Nadja Benaissa wept on Monday, August 16 as she admitted deliberately keeping her HIV infection a secret from three lovers. The "No Angels" singer is accused of having unprotected sex with the men without warning them she had caught the deadly virus. One of them was allegedly infected by Benaissa.
She was arrested in April last year and spent 10 days behind bars before being released. She was later charged with aggravated assault, and attended a court in Darmstadt, near Frankfurt on Monday to stand trial. As Benaissa wept in the courtroom, the judge heard a written statement from the singer in which she admitted sleeping with the men without telling them she was infected - because she wanted to protect her career with the girlband.
Her statement read: "I was told that the chance of the infection breaking out in my case is almost zero... Same low is the risk (sic) that I could infect somebody else with HIV. That was the reason why I did not tell anybody at first because I did not want my daughter to be punished for my behaviour and my infection. I have never told the public before, because I have had fear that this would be the end for our band."
The trial is expected to last for five days.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'