Blake Lively Not Leaving 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" creator Josh Schwartz has dismissed reports Blake Lively has asked to be written out of the hit TV show so she can pursue a film career. The blonde beauty shot to prominence playing wealthy socialite Serena van der Woodsen on the teen drama and has since expanded her Hollywood career with the lead female role in the upcoming "Green Lantern" movie.
Recent reports suggested Lively was fed up with her small screen commitments and had demanded her character be killed off so she could leave the program. But executive producer Schwartz has taken to his Twitter.com page to clear up the rumors for fans.
He writes: "Have to respond. No truth to rumors that BL (Blake Lively) requested to have Serena killed. All is well. Gossip Girl Season 4 back on September 13."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival