Blake Lively Not Leaving 'Gossip Girl'
"Gossip Girl" creator Josh Schwartz has dismissed reports Blake Lively has asked to be written out of the hit TV show so she can pursue a film career. The blonde beauty shot to prominence playing wealthy socialite Serena van der Woodsen on the teen drama and has since expanded her Hollywood career with the lead female role in the upcoming "Green Lantern" movie.
Recent reports suggested Lively was fed up with her small screen commitments and had demanded her character be killed off so she could leave the program. But executive producer Schwartz has taken to his Twitter.com page to clear up the rumors for fans.
He writes: "Have to respond. No truth to rumors that BL (Blake Lively) requested to have Serena killed. All is well. Gossip Girl Season 4 back on September 13."
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere