Coming Soon, Chinese 'The Office'
Ricky Gervais is expanding his TV empire - he is working on plans to broadcast a Chinese version of "The Office". The British funnyman has boasted of earning "millions" from the syndication rights to his hit sitcom and royalties from its U.S. re-make.
Now he is set to swell his coffers even further after unveiling his plans to shoot a Chinese version of the show. On his official blog, Gervais writes: "I have some amazing news... We are about to start work on developing a Chinese 'The Office'. How cool is that?"
Meanwhile, speculations keep running as to who will replace Steve Carrell's position in the U.S. version after he departs. The latest names that surface are Portia de Rossi, Jeffrey Tambor and Tony Hale. However, as writer/executive producer Paul Lieberstein said earlier, Michael Scott's replacement will not be a major issue in the new season.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'