Coming Soon, Chinese 'The Office'
Ricky Gervais is expanding his TV empire - he is working on plans to broadcast a Chinese version of "The Office". The British funnyman has boasted of earning "millions" from the syndication rights to his hit sitcom and royalties from its U.S. re-make.
Now he is set to swell his coffers even further after unveiling his plans to shoot a Chinese version of the show. On his official blog, Gervais writes: "I have some amazing news... We are about to start work on developing a Chinese 'The Office'. How cool is that?"
Meanwhile, speculations keep running as to who will replace Steve Carrell's position in the U.S. version after he departs. The latest names that surface are Portia de Rossi, Jeffrey Tambor and Tony Hale. However, as writer/executive producer Paul Lieberstein said earlier, Michael Scott's replacement will not be a major issue in the new season.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'