Coming Soon, Chinese 'The Office'
Ricky Gervais is expanding his TV empire - he is working on plans to broadcast a Chinese version of "The Office". The British funnyman has boasted of earning "millions" from the syndication rights to his hit sitcom and royalties from its U.S. re-make.
Now he is set to swell his coffers even further after unveiling his plans to shoot a Chinese version of the show. On his official blog, Gervais writes: "I have some amazing news... We are about to start work on developing a Chinese 'The Office'. How cool is that?"
Meanwhile, speculations keep running as to who will replace Steve Carrell's position in the U.S. version after he departs. The latest names that surface are Portia de Rossi, Jeffrey Tambor and Tony Hale. However, as writer/executive producer Paul Lieberstein said earlier, Michael Scott's replacement will not be a major issue in the new season.
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry