Coming Soon, Chinese 'The Office'
Ricky Gervais is expanding his TV empire - he is working on plans to broadcast a Chinese version of "The Office". The British funnyman has boasted of earning "millions" from the syndication rights to his hit sitcom and royalties from its U.S. re-make.
Now he is set to swell his coffers even further after unveiling his plans to shoot a Chinese version of the show. On his official blog, Gervais writes: "I have some amazing news... We are about to start work on developing a Chinese 'The Office'. How cool is that?"
Meanwhile, speculations keep running as to who will replace Steve Carrell's position in the U.S. version after he departs. The latest names that surface are Portia de Rossi, Jeffrey Tambor and Tony Hale. However, as writer/executive producer Paul Lieberstein said earlier, Michael Scott's replacement will not be a major issue in the new season.
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon