Coming Soon, Chinese 'The Office'
Ricky Gervais is expanding his TV empire - he is working on plans to broadcast a Chinese version of "The Office". The British funnyman has boasted of earning "millions" from the syndication rights to his hit sitcom and royalties from its U.S. re-make.
Now he is set to swell his coffers even further after unveiling his plans to shoot a Chinese version of the show. On his official blog, Gervais writes: "I have some amazing news... We are about to start work on developing a Chinese 'The Office'. How cool is that?"
Meanwhile, speculations keep running as to who will replace Steve Carrell's position in the U.S. version after he departs. The latest names that surface are Portia de Rossi, Jeffrey Tambor and Tony Hale. However, as writer/executive producer Paul Lieberstein said earlier, Michael Scott's replacement will not be a major issue in the new season.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones