Teri Hatcher Sued for Fraud by Former Employee
Teri Hatcher is set to fight a lawsuit from a former staffer who is suing the "Desperate Housewives" star for wrongful termination and fraud. In a new lawsuit, Jennifer Glassman claims the actress recruited her to become Vice President of Hatcher's production company and promised half of the venture's profits.
Glassman maintains she quit her PR job to take on the position but the pair failed to draw up a binding contract and instead signed a blank document as a "formality", allowing Hatcher to dismiss her employee. Glassman alleges she helped launch a website supported by Disney under Hatcher's name - but was fired months before the star was paid for the project.
In legal documents, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, the ex-employee claims she was made to handle "Hatcher's mood swings and unusual requests", including planning parties, making vacation arrangements and hiring a dog trainer." Glassman is seeking unspecified damages for fraud, intentional deceit, wrongful termination and emotional distress.
A representative for Hatcher has blasted the allegations, branding the lawsuit a "ridiculous fabrication". Spokesperson Brad Cafarelli tells TMZ.com, "It is unfortunate that the many opportunities Ms. Hatcher afforded the former employee are now being so implausibly twisted and contorted."
Cafarelli adds that Hatcher and executives at Disney will fight the suit and submit "substantial counterclaims... for her (Glassman's) reckless and premeditated misconduct on her departure".
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2