Teri Hatcher Sued for Fraud by Former Employee
Teri Hatcher is set to fight a lawsuit from a former staffer who is suing the "Desperate Housewives" star for wrongful termination and fraud. In a new lawsuit, Jennifer Glassman claims the actress recruited her to become Vice President of Hatcher's production company and promised half of the venture's profits.
Glassman maintains she quit her PR job to take on the position but the pair failed to draw up a binding contract and instead signed a blank document as a "formality", allowing Hatcher to dismiss her employee. Glassman alleges she helped launch a website supported by Disney under Hatcher's name - but was fired months before the star was paid for the project.
In legal documents, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, the ex-employee claims she was made to handle "Hatcher's mood swings and unusual requests", including planning parties, making vacation arrangements and hiring a dog trainer." Glassman is seeking unspecified damages for fraud, intentional deceit, wrongful termination and emotional distress.
A representative for Hatcher has blasted the allegations, branding the lawsuit a "ridiculous fabrication". Spokesperson Brad Cafarelli tells TMZ.com, "It is unfortunate that the many opportunities Ms. Hatcher afforded the former employee are now being so implausibly twisted and contorted."
Cafarelli adds that Hatcher and executives at Disney will fight the suit and submit "substantial counterclaims... for her (Glassman's) reckless and premeditated misconduct on her departure".
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce