Joey Kramer Remains Optimistic About Steven Tyler's Part on 'American Idol'
Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer hopes his bandmate Steven Tyler does land a job as an "American Idol" judge because a stint on the reality show would expose the group to a whole new generation of fans. Rumors have been rife about who will replace original judge Simon Cowell and comedienne Ellen DeGeneres, who quit after just one season, and Tyler is one of many stars linked to the vacant role.
The rocker recently confirmed that he has spoken to executives at TV network Fox about joining the show, but his surprise news has split his Aerosmith pals. Earlier this week, guitarist Joe Perry criticized Tyler for not sharing his plans with the group because the TV job would have a huge impact on all the bandmates' lives.
He said, "I found out on the internet like the rest of the world... I mean, this is no small thing. I mean, after working with me for 40 years, he couldn't tell me about this... Why so secretive? We're told it's a done deal. If Steven is committed to a TV show, that kind of affects the rest of us. We'd like to plan our lives, ya know?"
But Kramer is remaining optimistic about Tyler's involvement in "American Idol" and he's keeping a close eye on the "interesting" developments. He tells Billboard, "It could be a very positive thing. We've been talking about it the last couple of days, and it's made me come to realize what a positive impact it could have for (Aerosmith). The possibilities are kind of infinite with something like that happening, us being exposed to a whole new generation of people. So we'll see what happens. It should be interesting."
- Ex 'Apprentice' Contestant Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump for Denying Sexual Assault Claims
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Seen Filming 'Red Sparrow' in Budapest
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts