Naomi Campbell Accused of Telling Lies in Court
Naomi Campbell was sensationally accused of lying at a war crimes trial on Thursday, August 5. The British beauty took the stand at The Hague, Netherlands, over claims she accepted blood diamonds - illicit gem stones which are sold to finance conflicts - from former Liberian President Charles Taylor in 1997.
Campbell told the hearing a pouch of stones was delivered to her by two unknown men after a dinner party, and she did not consider the gift could have been from Taylor until the following morning, when actress Mia Farrow told her it was "obviously" from the politician.
At the close of her evidence on Thursday, Campbell denied an accusation that her account of the incident was untrue. Prosecutor Brenda Hollis asked the model, "Isn't it correct that your account today isn't entirely truthful?" Campbell replied, "No, that's not correct." Taylor's defense lawyer, Courtenay Griffiths, objected to the line of questioning, and Miss Hollis did not pursue it.
In another news, Naomi Campbell is reported to have delivered an astonishing snub to Mia Farrow as she gave evidence at a war crimes trial - telling the hearing she has refused to speak to the actress. A written statement from Farrow alleges Campbell told her the men who delivered the gift to her room said it was from Taylor, contradicting the model's account.
But, giving evidence in The Hague, Netherlands, on Thursday, the catwalk beauty insisted Farrow was mistaken - and told the court she has not spoken to the Rosemary's Baby star since 1997. Campbell said, "Mia Farrow has tried to contact me but I have refused to speak to her." Farrow is due to give evidence at the trial on Monday, August 9.
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson