Christopher Nolan and Michael Sheen Are BAFTA/LA Special Honorees
Director Christopher Nolan and actor Michael Sheen will be honored with special British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles (BAFTA/LA) awards at an upcoming ceremony. British moviemaker Nolan, whose current hit "Inception", starring Leonardo DiCaprio, is riding high at the global box office, will be handed the John Schlesinger Britannia Award for artistic excellence in directing.
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" star Sheen, who is originally from Wales, is to be honored with the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year. BAFTA/LA Chairman Nigel Lythgoe says, "We could not be more delighted about our first honorees of this year's Britannia Awards, representing two outstanding British talents."
"Chris Nolan is a visionary filmmaker who continually raises the bar with each movie he makes, and Michael Sheen is an actor of immense depth who seamlessly tackles drama and comedic roles alike." The 2010 BAFTA/LA Britannia Awards, to be hosted by funnyman Stephen Fry, will be held in Hollywood on November 4.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz