Christopher Nolan and Michael Sheen Are BAFTA/LA Special Honorees
Director Christopher Nolan and actor Michael Sheen will be honored with special British Academy of Film and Television Arts Los Angeles (BAFTA/LA) awards at an upcoming ceremony. British moviemaker Nolan, whose current hit "Inception", starring Leonardo DiCaprio, is riding high at the global box office, will be handed the John Schlesinger Britannia Award for artistic excellence in directing.
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" star Sheen, who is originally from Wales, is to be honored with the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year. BAFTA/LA Chairman Nigel Lythgoe says, "We could not be more delighted about our first honorees of this year's Britannia Awards, representing two outstanding British talents."
"Chris Nolan is a visionary filmmaker who continually raises the bar with each movie he makes, and Michael Sheen is an actor of immense depth who seamlessly tackles drama and comedic roles alike." The 2010 BAFTA/LA Britannia Awards, to be hosted by funnyman Stephen Fry, will be held in Hollywood on November 4.
More Michael Sheen News
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday