Leonardo DiCaprio's Female Attacker Ordered to Stay Away From Him
A woman accused of slashing Leonardo DiCaprio's face with a glass at a party in 2005 has been ordered by a U.S. judge to stay at least 500 yards away from the actor. Aretha Wilson is said to have hit the "Inception" star during a Hollywood Hills house party thrown by Paris Hilton's ex, film producer Rick Salomon, reportedly leaving the actor requiring 17 stitches to close up a large cut from his ear to his face.
She was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but fled America before she could face prosecution and went on the run in Canada. Canadian authorities recently took the 40-year-old suspect into custody and she was sent back to Los Angeles last month to stand trial over the allegations.
She appeared in L.A. Superior Court on Wednesday where Judge Hilleri G. Merritt ordered Wilson not to contact or come within 500 yards of DiCaprio or two witnesses to the attack. Merritt also raised Wilson's bail to $150,000 because of concern about her "willingness and ability to come back to court".
Wilson did not enter a plea and her arraignment has been postponed until August 11, according to the Los Angeles Times.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana