Leonardo DiCaprio's Female Attacker Ordered to Stay Away From Him
A woman accused of slashing Leonardo DiCaprio's face with a glass at a party in 2005 has been ordered by a U.S. judge to stay at least 500 yards away from the actor. Aretha Wilson is said to have hit the "Inception" star during a Hollywood Hills house party thrown by Paris Hilton's ex, film producer Rick Salomon, reportedly leaving the actor requiring 17 stitches to close up a large cut from his ear to his face.
She was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but fled America before she could face prosecution and went on the run in Canada. Canadian authorities recently took the 40-year-old suspect into custody and she was sent back to Los Angeles last month to stand trial over the allegations.
She appeared in L.A. Superior Court on Wednesday where Judge Hilleri G. Merritt ordered Wilson not to contact or come within 500 yards of DiCaprio or two witnesses to the attack. Merritt also raised Wilson's bail to $150,000 because of concern about her "willingness and ability to come back to court".
Wilson did not enter a plea and her arraignment has been postponed until August 11, according to the Los Angeles Times.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture