Leonardo DiCaprio's Female Attacker Ordered to Stay Away From Him
A woman accused of slashing Leonardo DiCaprio's face with a glass at a party in 2005 has been ordered by a U.S. judge to stay at least 500 yards away from the actor. Aretha Wilson is said to have hit the "Inception" star during a Hollywood Hills house party thrown by Paris Hilton's ex, film producer Rick Salomon, reportedly leaving the actor requiring 17 stitches to close up a large cut from his ear to his face.
She was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but fled America before she could face prosecution and went on the run in Canada. Canadian authorities recently took the 40-year-old suspect into custody and she was sent back to Los Angeles last month to stand trial over the allegations.
She appeared in L.A. Superior Court on Wednesday where Judge Hilleri G. Merritt ordered Wilson not to contact or come within 500 yards of DiCaprio or two witnesses to the attack. Merritt also raised Wilson's bail to $150,000 because of concern about her "willingness and ability to come back to court".
Wilson did not enter a plea and her arraignment has been postponed until August 11, according to the Los Angeles Times.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'