Elisabetta Canalis: Some People Don't Want to See Me and George Clooney Happy
George Clooney's girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has hit out at spiteful critics who question her motives for dating the Hollywood star, insisting they are simply jealous of her happiness. The Italian model and TV presenter has been dating the "Ocean's Eleven" star since summer 2009 but admits she is still hurt by the constant attacks on her character, suggesting she is using Clooney for his fame.
Canalis, 31, attributes the harsh rumors to other women envious of her blooming love life. She tells the new Italian Vanity Fair, "There are some people who just don't want to see me happy. I know some women, very high profile women, who have taken his picture off their computer desktop. Maybe I should not get so stressed over it. At the end though the best way to confront this envy is to be happy, but it's just that they won't forgive."
But Canalis reveals she can always rely on Clooney to lift her spirits whenever she feels down and she credits the 49-year-old actor with bringing "color" to her life. She says, "I sometimes feel insecure, but if you are loved then you always feel great. (Clooney) reassures me all the time. He is very close. I feel more embraced than ever before."
"The idea of being loved is so overwhelming. George has given color back to my life. I feel great - it's as if I am 18 years old again!"
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS