Elisabetta Canalis: Some People Don't Want to See Me and George Clooney Happy
George Clooney's girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has hit out at spiteful critics who question her motives for dating the Hollywood star, insisting they are simply jealous of her happiness. The Italian model and TV presenter has been dating the "Ocean's Eleven" star since summer 2009 but admits she is still hurt by the constant attacks on her character, suggesting she is using Clooney for his fame.
Canalis, 31, attributes the harsh rumors to other women envious of her blooming love life. She tells the new Italian Vanity Fair, "There are some people who just don't want to see me happy. I know some women, very high profile women, who have taken his picture off their computer desktop. Maybe I should not get so stressed over it. At the end though the best way to confront this envy is to be happy, but it's just that they won't forgive."
But Canalis reveals she can always rely on Clooney to lift her spirits whenever she feels down and she credits the 49-year-old actor with bringing "color" to her life. She says, "I sometimes feel insecure, but if you are loved then you always feel great. (Clooney) reassures me all the time. He is very close. I feel more embraced than ever before."
"The idea of being loved is so overwhelming. George has given color back to my life. I feel great - it's as if I am 18 years old again!"
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role