Elisabetta Canalis: Some People Don't Want to See Me and George Clooney Happy
George Clooney's girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has hit out at spiteful critics who question her motives for dating the Hollywood star, insisting they are simply jealous of her happiness. The Italian model and TV presenter has been dating the "Ocean's Eleven" star since summer 2009 but admits she is still hurt by the constant attacks on her character, suggesting she is using Clooney for his fame.
Canalis, 31, attributes the harsh rumors to other women envious of her blooming love life. She tells the new Italian Vanity Fair, "There are some people who just don't want to see me happy. I know some women, very high profile women, who have taken his picture off their computer desktop. Maybe I should not get so stressed over it. At the end though the best way to confront this envy is to be happy, but it's just that they won't forgive."
But Canalis reveals she can always rely on Clooney to lift her spirits whenever she feels down and she credits the 49-year-old actor with bringing "color" to her life. She says, "I sometimes feel insecure, but if you are loved then you always feel great. (Clooney) reassures me all the time. He is very close. I feel more embraced than ever before."
"The idea of being loved is so overwhelming. George has given color back to my life. I feel great - it's as if I am 18 years old again!"
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns