Tricia Helfer Gets 'New Back' Post 'Battlestar Galactica'
Actress Tricia Helfer was forced to undergo back and neck surgery after her U.S. TV series "Battlestar Galactica" ended in 2009, because she insisted on performing her own stunts despite having "bad discs". The star, who played humanoid Cylon operative Number Six on the show, had to undergo major surgery in December last year, nine months after the action series ended its five-year run.
Helfer showed off an X-ray of her back and neck during an appearance on U.S. late night program "Lopez Tonight" on Monday, August 2, revealing that titanium plates are now holding her spine in place. She explained, "I always do my own stunts... but I have trouble giving my character to somebody else... But you mix that with degenerative discs and you end up having bad discs."
"As of December 14th, that's my new back. They're titanium plates with a hard plastic that they make airplanes out of."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt