Tricia Helfer Gets 'New Back' Post 'Battlestar Galactica'
Actress Tricia Helfer was forced to undergo back and neck surgery after her U.S. TV series "Battlestar Galactica" ended in 2009, because she insisted on performing her own stunts despite having "bad discs". The star, who played humanoid Cylon operative Number Six on the show, had to undergo major surgery in December last year, nine months after the action series ended its five-year run.
Helfer showed off an X-ray of her back and neck during an appearance on U.S. late night program "Lopez Tonight" on Monday, August 2, revealing that titanium plates are now holding her spine in place. She explained, "I always do my own stunts... but I have trouble giving my character to somebody else... But you mix that with degenerative discs and you end up having bad discs."
"As of December 14th, that's my new back. They're titanium plates with a hard plastic that they make airplanes out of."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'