Tricia Helfer Gets 'New Back' Post 'Battlestar Galactica'
Actress Tricia Helfer was forced to undergo back and neck surgery after her U.S. TV series "Battlestar Galactica" ended in 2009, because she insisted on performing her own stunts despite having "bad discs". The star, who played humanoid Cylon operative Number Six on the show, had to undergo major surgery in December last year, nine months after the action series ended its five-year run.
Helfer showed off an X-ray of her back and neck during an appearance on U.S. late night program "Lopez Tonight" on Monday, August 2, revealing that titanium plates are now holding her spine in place. She explained, "I always do my own stunts... but I have trouble giving my character to somebody else... But you mix that with degenerative discs and you end up having bad discs."
"As of December 14th, that's my new back. They're titanium plates with a hard plastic that they make airplanes out of."
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!