Tricia Helfer Gets 'New Back' Post 'Battlestar Galactica'
Actress Tricia Helfer was forced to undergo back and neck surgery after her U.S. TV series "Battlestar Galactica" ended in 2009, because she insisted on performing her own stunts despite having "bad discs". The star, who played humanoid Cylon operative Number Six on the show, had to undergo major surgery in December last year, nine months after the action series ended its five-year run.
Helfer showed off an X-ray of her back and neck during an appearance on U.S. late night program "Lopez Tonight" on Monday, August 2, revealing that titanium plates are now holding her spine in place. She explained, "I always do my own stunts... but I have trouble giving my character to somebody else... But you mix that with degenerative discs and you end up having bad discs."
"As of December 14th, that's my new back. They're titanium plates with a hard plastic that they make airplanes out of."
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump