Tricia Helfer Gets 'New Back' Post 'Battlestar Galactica'
Actress Tricia Helfer was forced to undergo back and neck surgery after her U.S. TV series "Battlestar Galactica" ended in 2009, because she insisted on performing her own stunts despite having "bad discs". The star, who played humanoid Cylon operative Number Six on the show, had to undergo major surgery in December last year, nine months after the action series ended its five-year run.
Helfer showed off an X-ray of her back and neck during an appearance on U.S. late night program "Lopez Tonight" on Monday, August 2, revealing that titanium plates are now holding her spine in place. She explained, "I always do my own stunts... but I have trouble giving my character to somebody else... But you mix that with degenerative discs and you end up having bad discs."
"As of December 14th, that's my new back. They're titanium plates with a hard plastic that they make airplanes out of."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby