Nick Jonas and Jordin Sparks Lead Youth Committee of Ronald Reagan's Anniversary
Pop sensations Nick Jonas and Jordin Sparks have taken charge of a youth committee planning the 100th birthday celebrations for America's 40th president, Ronald Reagan. Jonas, 18, and Sparks, 21, are leading The National Youth Leadership Committee of the Ronald Reagan Centennial Celebration.
The team is comprised of 35 athletes, entertainers and student leaders under 25 who have been personally touched by the late actor-turned-politician's vision of freedom. And the singers are looking forward to paying homage to the former world leader by leading their peers in the planning the event, which is scheduled to take place in America on February 6, 2011.
The Jonas Brothers singer Nick calls Reagan as his "personal hero", while Sparks adds, "Ronald Reagan's optimism and graciousness is a model for me in my career. I'm honoured to be a part of this leadership committee and give back just a fraction of the blessings I've received."
Reagan, who left the White House in 1989, died of Alzheimer's Disease in 2004. He was 93.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler