Madina Lake Took the Stage Without Injured Bassist
Madina Lake took to the stage for a gig in Britain on Sunday, August 1 just weeks after their bassist was left critically injured in a street attack. Matthew Leone was hospitalized in his native Chicago, Illinois in early July after he was beaten unconscious as he attempted to break up a violent domestic dispute between two strangers.
The rocker suffered a fractured skull in the alleged attack, and underwent life-saving surgery to reduce swelling on his brain. The Smashing Pumpkins played a benefit concert in Chicago last week to raise money for Leone's medical care, and now Madina Lake have returned to the stage themselves, playing at the Sonisphere festival in England on Sunday.
Leone's brother Nathan took the opportunity to thank fans for their support and revealed his sibling is on the road to recovery. He tells NME.com, "My brother's recently been through some difficult times. It's been an impossible situation for a month and I've seen some things and gone through some things that I'd never wish upon my worst enemy."
"But most importantly, (my brother has) survived a second significant surgery and is on his way to recovery. (We) won't know for up to a year what (kind) of long-term effect a kind of trauma like that can have".
A man named as Justin Pivec has been arrested in connection with the alleged attack and has been charged with aggravated battery causing serious bodily harm.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!