Madina Lake Took the Stage Without Injured Bassist
Madina Lake took to the stage for a gig in Britain on Sunday, August 1 just weeks after their bassist was left critically injured in a street attack. Matthew Leone was hospitalized in his native Chicago, Illinois in early July after he was beaten unconscious as he attempted to break up a violent domestic dispute between two strangers.
The rocker suffered a fractured skull in the alleged attack, and underwent life-saving surgery to reduce swelling on his brain. The Smashing Pumpkins played a benefit concert in Chicago last week to raise money for Leone's medical care, and now Madina Lake have returned to the stage themselves, playing at the Sonisphere festival in England on Sunday.
Leone's brother Nathan took the opportunity to thank fans for their support and revealed his sibling is on the road to recovery. He tells NME.com, "My brother's recently been through some difficult times. It's been an impossible situation for a month and I've seen some things and gone through some things that I'd never wish upon my worst enemy."
"But most importantly, (my brother has) survived a second significant surgery and is on his way to recovery. (We) won't know for up to a year what (kind) of long-term effect a kind of trauma like that can have".
A man named as Justin Pivec has been arrested in connection with the alleged attack and has been charged with aggravated battery causing serious bodily harm.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal