Carrie Underwood Shops Groceries Herself
Country singer Carrie Underwood caters for herself while on tour because she insists on knowing exactly what's in her food. The newlywed star steers clear of all fast food, even with her hectic schedule, and prefers to take time out to shop for her own groceries so she's fully aware of what she's putting in her body.
Underwood tells health magazine WebMD, "It would be very easy to go eat that all the time. But if I don't know what's in it, I don't eat it. That's my rule." And she's amazed by fans' reactions when she meets them at the store.
She says, "It's a very human thing to do, and that's why I love it so much. When you're out on the road, people see you as a performer - not necessarily as a human being, first and foremost. So it's really nice to go and do things that... people do! I always hear, 'You shop yourself?' I would hate to see the day when someone else had to buy my groceries for me!"
Underwood married Canadian ice hockey star Mike Fisher in early July.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce