Carrie Underwood Shops Groceries Herself
Country singer Carrie Underwood caters for herself while on tour because she insists on knowing exactly what's in her food. The newlywed star steers clear of all fast food, even with her hectic schedule, and prefers to take time out to shop for her own groceries so she's fully aware of what she's putting in her body.
Underwood tells health magazine WebMD, "It would be very easy to go eat that all the time. But if I don't know what's in it, I don't eat it. That's my rule." And she's amazed by fans' reactions when she meets them at the store.
She says, "It's a very human thing to do, and that's why I love it so much. When you're out on the road, people see you as a performer - not necessarily as a human being, first and foremost. So it's really nice to go and do things that... people do! I always hear, 'You shop yourself?' I would hate to see the day when someone else had to buy my groceries for me!"
Underwood married Canadian ice hockey star Mike Fisher in early July.
More Carrie Underwood News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress