Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack Not Killed by Toxic Mold
Los Angeles County coroner's officials have ruled out reports mold played a role in the deaths of actress Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack. The authorities briefly examined whether toxic mold played a part in the deaths of the couple, who died five months apart - and quickly ruled it out.
Ed Winter, the coroner's assistant, tells the Los Angeles Times, "There were no indicators that either death was related to mold." Both Murphy and Monjack died of pneumonia combined with anaemia.
Over the weekend, the "Clueless" star's mother Sharon dismissed the "absurd" reports suggesting mold in her daughter's marital home may have contributed to the untimely deaths of the actress and her husband. She says, "It's absurd that this kind of misinformation is being reported by the media."
More Brittany Murphy News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special