Tom Cruise Defends Daughter Suri's Mature Outfit
Tom Cruise has defended his daughter Suri's right to wear grown-up outfits, insisting he wants to encourage the four-year-old's "self-expression" through fashion. The "Mission: Impossible" star and his wife Katie Holmes have come under fire for allowing their little girl to wear expensive designer clothing and high-heeled sandals.
But Cruise believes Suri should be allowed to wear what she likes - so she can develop her "creativity". He tells Britain's GMTV, "In Spain, they wear the (high-heeled) flamenco dance shoes form birth. Listen, I believe that she (should wear) whatever she wants to wear. She dresses herself. I want to encourage her creativity and her own self-expression. I think that's important for the child's own identity."
"It's something that I have had to do with (my adopted children) Bella and Connor and now Suri. It is what it is and they're just going to create what they're going to create. I just try to give them as much safety and as much room to find their dreams and to express themselves. I'm like, if they wanna wear it, they're gonna wear what they wanna wear."
More Tom Cruise News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'