Tom Cruise Defends Daughter Suri's Mature Outfit
Tom Cruise has defended his daughter Suri's right to wear grown-up outfits, insisting he wants to encourage the four-year-old's "self-expression" through fashion. The "Mission: Impossible" star and his wife Katie Holmes have come under fire for allowing their little girl to wear expensive designer clothing and high-heeled sandals.
But Cruise believes Suri should be allowed to wear what she likes - so she can develop her "creativity". He tells Britain's GMTV, "In Spain, they wear the (high-heeled) flamenco dance shoes form birth. Listen, I believe that she (should wear) whatever she wants to wear. She dresses herself. I want to encourage her creativity and her own self-expression. I think that's important for the child's own identity."
"It's something that I have had to do with (my adopted children) Bella and Connor and now Suri. It is what it is and they're just going to create what they're going to create. I just try to give them as much safety and as much room to find their dreams and to express themselves. I'm like, if they wanna wear it, they're gonna wear what they wanna wear."
More Tom Cruise News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'