Tom Cruise Defends Daughter Suri's Mature Outfit
Tom Cruise has defended his daughter Suri's right to wear grown-up outfits, insisting he wants to encourage the four-year-old's "self-expression" through fashion. The "Mission: Impossible" star and his wife Katie Holmes have come under fire for allowing their little girl to wear expensive designer clothing and high-heeled sandals.
But Cruise believes Suri should be allowed to wear what she likes - so she can develop her "creativity". He tells Britain's GMTV, "In Spain, they wear the (high-heeled) flamenco dance shoes form birth. Listen, I believe that she (should wear) whatever she wants to wear. She dresses herself. I want to encourage her creativity and her own self-expression. I think that's important for the child's own identity."
"It's something that I have had to do with (my adopted children) Bella and Connor and now Suri. It is what it is and they're just going to create what they're going to create. I just try to give them as much safety and as much room to find their dreams and to express themselves. I'm like, if they wanna wear it, they're gonna wear what they wanna wear."
More Tom Cruise News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media