Tom Cruise Defends Daughter Suri's Mature Outfit
Tom Cruise has defended his daughter Suri's right to wear grown-up outfits, insisting he wants to encourage the four-year-old's "self-expression" through fashion. The "Mission: Impossible" star and his wife Katie Holmes have come under fire for allowing their little girl to wear expensive designer clothing and high-heeled sandals.
But Cruise believes Suri should be allowed to wear what she likes - so she can develop her "creativity". He tells Britain's GMTV, "In Spain, they wear the (high-heeled) flamenco dance shoes form birth. Listen, I believe that she (should wear) whatever she wants to wear. She dresses herself. I want to encourage her creativity and her own self-expression. I think that's important for the child's own identity."
"It's something that I have had to do with (my adopted children) Bella and Connor and now Suri. It is what it is and they're just going to create what they're going to create. I just try to give them as much safety and as much room to find their dreams and to express themselves. I'm like, if they wanna wear it, they're gonna wear what they wanna wear."
More Tom Cruise News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones