Al Jarreau Fighting for His Life in Hospital
Veteran jazz legend Al Jarreau is fighting for his life in a French hospital after falling sick with breathing difficulties. The 70-year-old singer was admitted to a medical facility in the town of Gap in the south east of the country late on Thursday, July 22 suffering from respiratory problems, and was said to be in a "critical" condition as WENN went to press.
The seven-times Grammy-winner, who was in France to perform at a music festival, is being treated in the intensive care unit and a statement from the hospital reveals doctors are "concerned" about the star.
The statement, obtained by AFP, reads, "Doctors are concerned about his condition. He is being given appropriate treatment and they hope to see an improvement in the coming hours."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'