Al Jarreau Fighting for His Life in Hospital
Veteran jazz legend Al Jarreau is fighting for his life in a French hospital after falling sick with breathing difficulties. The 70-year-old singer was admitted to a medical facility in the town of Gap in the south east of the country late on Thursday, July 22 suffering from respiratory problems, and was said to be in a "critical" condition as WENN went to press.
The seven-times Grammy-winner, who was in France to perform at a music festival, is being treated in the intensive care unit and a statement from the hospital reveals doctors are "concerned" about the star.
The statement, obtained by AFP, reads, "Doctors are concerned about his condition. He is being given appropriate treatment and they hope to see an improvement in the coming hours."
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why