Gary Barlow to Lead Celebrity Hike to North Pole for Charity
Take That star Gary Barlow is planning a hike to the North Pole to raise money for charity. The singer helped raise more than $1.96 million for U.K. organization Comic Relief last year when he scaled Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa with a gang of celebrity pals, including British singers Cheryl Cole and Ronan Keating.
He's now gearing up for an expedition to the North Pole in the spring 2011 and is looking to recruit more stars for the challenge. Barlow is expected to spend a week hiking to the polar landmark with the help of Arctic experts.
A source tells The Sun, "Gary loves a challenge, so as soon as he finished the Kilimanjaro trip he was working out what to do next. There was talk of climbing Everest but that's a seriously tough exercise. Getting to the North Pole is not exactly easier but it is more do-able."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns