Gary Barlow to Lead Celebrity Hike to North Pole for Charity
Take That star Gary Barlow is planning a hike to the North Pole to raise money for charity. The singer helped raise more than $1.96 million for U.K. organization Comic Relief last year when he scaled Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa with a gang of celebrity pals, including British singers Cheryl Cole and Ronan Keating.
He's now gearing up for an expedition to the North Pole in the spring 2011 and is looking to recruit more stars for the challenge. Barlow is expected to spend a week hiking to the polar landmark with the help of Arctic experts.
A source tells The Sun, "Gary loves a challenge, so as soon as he finished the Kilimanjaro trip he was working out what to do next. There was talk of climbing Everest but that's a seriously tough exercise. Getting to the North Pole is not exactly easier but it is more do-able."
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'