The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson Loves Katy Perry's 'California Gurls'
The Beach Boys star Brian Wilson has given Katy Perry his blessing to become the girl of summer - he loves her take on his band's seasonal songs. Perry has revealed she wrote 2010 summer anthem "California Gurls" as a tribute to the fun-loving surf pop of the Beach Boys and Wilson is thrilled she's a fan of his hits.
Wilson, who co-wrote the original "California Girls", tells the Los Angeles Times, "I love her vocal. She sounds very clear and energetic... The melody is infectious."
Another The Beach Boys star, who is also a big fan of Perry, is Mike Love. He told the site, "I think she's really clever. We have a lot in common now: We both have done songs called 'California Girls' and we've both kissed girls and liked it." He added that Perry's song "obviously brings to mind our 'California Girls', it's just in a different vernacular, a different way of appreciating the same things. The Beach Boys have always accentuated the positive, and hers is a positive message about 'California Girls', so what's not to like?"
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer