The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson Loves Katy Perry's 'California Gurls'
The Beach Boys star Brian Wilson has given Katy Perry his blessing to become the girl of summer - he loves her take on his band's seasonal songs. Perry has revealed she wrote 2010 summer anthem "California Gurls" as a tribute to the fun-loving surf pop of the Beach Boys and Wilson is thrilled she's a fan of his hits.
Wilson, who co-wrote the original "California Girls", tells the Los Angeles Times, "I love her vocal. She sounds very clear and energetic... The melody is infectious."
Another The Beach Boys star, who is also a big fan of Perry, is Mike Love. He told the site, "I think she's really clever. We have a lot in common now: We both have done songs called 'California Girls' and we've both kissed girls and liked it." He added that Perry's song "obviously brings to mind our 'California Girls', it's just in a different vernacular, a different way of appreciating the same things. The Beach Boys have always accentuated the positive, and hers is a positive message about 'California Girls', so what's not to like?"
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding