The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson Loves Katy Perry's 'California Gurls'
The Beach Boys star Brian Wilson has given Katy Perry his blessing to become the girl of summer - he loves her take on his band's seasonal songs. Perry has revealed she wrote 2010 summer anthem "California Gurls" as a tribute to the fun-loving surf pop of the Beach Boys and Wilson is thrilled she's a fan of his hits.
Wilson, who co-wrote the original "California Girls", tells the Los Angeles Times, "I love her vocal. She sounds very clear and energetic... The melody is infectious."
Another The Beach Boys star, who is also a big fan of Perry, is Mike Love. He told the site, "I think she's really clever. We have a lot in common now: We both have done songs called 'California Girls' and we've both kissed girls and liked it." He added that Perry's song "obviously brings to mind our 'California Girls', it's just in a different vernacular, a different way of appreciating the same things. The Beach Boys have always accentuated the positive, and hers is a positive message about 'California Girls', so what's not to like?"
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen