The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson Loves Katy Perry's 'California Gurls'
The Beach Boys star Brian Wilson has given Katy Perry his blessing to become the girl of summer - he loves her take on his band's seasonal songs. Perry has revealed she wrote 2010 summer anthem "California Gurls" as a tribute to the fun-loving surf pop of the Beach Boys and Wilson is thrilled she's a fan of his hits.
Wilson, who co-wrote the original "California Girls", tells the Los Angeles Times, "I love her vocal. She sounds very clear and energetic... The melody is infectious."
Another The Beach Boys star, who is also a big fan of Perry, is Mike Love. He told the site, "I think she's really clever. We have a lot in common now: We both have done songs called 'California Girls' and we've both kissed girls and liked it." He added that Perry's song "obviously brings to mind our 'California Girls', it's just in a different vernacular, a different way of appreciating the same things. The Beach Boys have always accentuated the positive, and hers is a positive message about 'California Girls', so what's not to like?"
More The Beach Boys News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance