The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson Loves Katy Perry's 'California Gurls'
The Beach Boys star Brian Wilson has given Katy Perry his blessing to become the girl of summer - he loves her take on his band's seasonal songs. Perry has revealed she wrote 2010 summer anthem "California Gurls" as a tribute to the fun-loving surf pop of the Beach Boys and Wilson is thrilled she's a fan of his hits.
Wilson, who co-wrote the original "California Girls", tells the Los Angeles Times, "I love her vocal. She sounds very clear and energetic... The melody is infectious."
Another The Beach Boys star, who is also a big fan of Perry, is Mike Love. He told the site, "I think she's really clever. We have a lot in common now: We both have done songs called 'California Girls' and we've both kissed girls and liked it." He added that Perry's song "obviously brings to mind our 'California Girls', it's just in a different vernacular, a different way of appreciating the same things. The Beach Boys have always accentuated the positive, and hers is a positive message about 'California Girls', so what's not to like?"
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing