Sally Hawkins to Make Broadway Debut as Cherry Jones' Daughter
British Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins is to make her Broadway debut opposite U.S. thespian Cherry Jones in a new production of George Bernard Shaw's "Mrs Warren's Profession". The "Happy-Go-Lucky" star will play Vivie Warren, the daughter of Jones' character, in the stage show, directed by Tony Award-winner Doug Hughes at the American Airlines Theater in New York.
The play will begin previews at the beginning of September and open officially on October 3. "Mrs. Warren's Profession" premiered on Broadway in 1905.
"Mrs. Warren's Profession" centers on the relationship between Mrs. Warren, a prostitute who is described as "on the whole, a genial and fairly presentable old blackguard of a woman", and her "prudish" daughter Vivie who is horrified to discover that her mother's fortune was made managing high-class brothels.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other