Sally Hawkins to Make Broadway Debut as Cherry Jones' Daughter
British Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins is to make her Broadway debut opposite U.S. thespian Cherry Jones in a new production of George Bernard Shaw's "Mrs Warren's Profession". The "Happy-Go-Lucky" star will play Vivie Warren, the daughter of Jones' character, in the stage show, directed by Tony Award-winner Doug Hughes at the American Airlines Theater in New York.
The play will begin previews at the beginning of September and open officially on October 3. "Mrs. Warren's Profession" premiered on Broadway in 1905.
"Mrs. Warren's Profession" centers on the relationship between Mrs. Warren, a prostitute who is described as "on the whole, a genial and fairly presentable old blackguard of a woman", and her "prudish" daughter Vivie who is horrified to discover that her mother's fortune was made managing high-class brothels.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle