Sally Hawkins to Make Broadway Debut as Cherry Jones' Daughter
British Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins is to make her Broadway debut opposite U.S. thespian Cherry Jones in a new production of George Bernard Shaw's "Mrs Warren's Profession". The "Happy-Go-Lucky" star will play Vivie Warren, the daughter of Jones' character, in the stage show, directed by Tony Award-winner Doug Hughes at the American Airlines Theater in New York.
The play will begin previews at the beginning of September and open officially on October 3. "Mrs. Warren's Profession" premiered on Broadway in 1905.
"Mrs. Warren's Profession" centers on the relationship between Mrs. Warren, a prostitute who is described as "on the whole, a genial and fairly presentable old blackguard of a woman", and her "prudish" daughter Vivie who is horrified to discover that her mother's fortune was made managing high-class brothels.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media