Sally Hawkins to Make Broadway Debut as Cherry Jones' Daughter
British Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins is to make her Broadway debut opposite U.S. thespian Cherry Jones in a new production of George Bernard Shaw's "Mrs Warren's Profession". The "Happy-Go-Lucky" star will play Vivie Warren, the daughter of Jones' character, in the stage show, directed by Tony Award-winner Doug Hughes at the American Airlines Theater in New York.
The play will begin previews at the beginning of September and open officially on October 3. "Mrs. Warren's Profession" premiered on Broadway in 1905.
"Mrs. Warren's Profession" centers on the relationship between Mrs. Warren, a prostitute who is described as "on the whole, a genial and fairly presentable old blackguard of a woman", and her "prudish" daughter Vivie who is horrified to discover that her mother's fortune was made managing high-class brothels.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'