Sally Hawkins to Make Broadway Debut as Cherry Jones' Daughter
British Oscar nominee Sally Hawkins is to make her Broadway debut opposite U.S. thespian Cherry Jones in a new production of George Bernard Shaw's "Mrs Warren's Profession". The "Happy-Go-Lucky" star will play Vivie Warren, the daughter of Jones' character, in the stage show, directed by Tony Award-winner Doug Hughes at the American Airlines Theater in New York.
The play will begin previews at the beginning of September and open officially on October 3. "Mrs. Warren's Profession" premiered on Broadway in 1905.
"Mrs. Warren's Profession" centers on the relationship between Mrs. Warren, a prostitute who is described as "on the whole, a genial and fairly presentable old blackguard of a woman", and her "prudish" daughter Vivie who is horrified to discover that her mother's fortune was made managing high-class brothels.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri