Mika Approached to Compose Song for Eurovision Song Contest
Flamboyant pop star Mika has been approached to compose a song for the U.K. to be performed in 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. U.K. competitor Josh Dubovie was left red-faced after placing last in the annual contest in May this year with a song written by record producer Pete Waterman.
Now show producers want Mika, who was born in Lebanon but raised in London, to fly the flag for Britain by pitching a better track to compete in the European song competition.
A BBC source tells Britain's The Sun, "It's always a difficult call trying to get a decent song together for Eurovision, as this year proved. We had Pete Waterman overseeing it this year but we still came last. Mika has all the right ingredients to make a successful song. We hope he says yes."
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'