Mika Approached to Compose Song for Eurovision Song Contest
Flamboyant pop star Mika has been approached to compose a song for the U.K. to be performed in 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. U.K. competitor Josh Dubovie was left red-faced after placing last in the annual contest in May this year with a song written by record producer Pete Waterman.
Now show producers want Mika, who was born in Lebanon but raised in London, to fly the flag for Britain by pitching a better track to compete in the European song competition.
A BBC source tells Britain's The Sun, "It's always a difficult call trying to get a decent song together for Eurovision, as this year proved. We had Pete Waterman overseeing it this year but we still came last. Mika has all the right ingredients to make a successful song. We hope he says yes."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier