Mika Approached to Compose Song for Eurovision Song Contest
Flamboyant pop star Mika has been approached to compose a song for the U.K. to be performed in 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. U.K. competitor Josh Dubovie was left red-faced after placing last in the annual contest in May this year with a song written by record producer Pete Waterman.
Now show producers want Mika, who was born in Lebanon but raised in London, to fly the flag for Britain by pitching a better track to compete in the European song competition.
A BBC source tells Britain's The Sun, "It's always a difficult call trying to get a decent song together for Eurovision, as this year proved. We had Pete Waterman overseeing it this year but we still came last. Mika has all the right ingredients to make a successful song. We hope he says yes."
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up