Mika Approached to Compose Song for Eurovision Song Contest
Flamboyant pop star Mika has been approached to compose a song for the U.K. to be performed in 2011 Eurovision Song Contest. U.K. competitor Josh Dubovie was left red-faced after placing last in the annual contest in May this year with a song written by record producer Pete Waterman.
Now show producers want Mika, who was born in Lebanon but raised in London, to fly the flag for Britain by pitching a better track to compete in the European song competition.
A BBC source tells Britain's The Sun, "It's always a difficult call trying to get a decent song together for Eurovision, as this year proved. We had Pete Waterman overseeing it this year but we still came last. Mika has all the right ingredients to make a successful song. We hope he says yes."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service