John Barrowman Offers Himself as Rachel's Gay Dad on 'Glee'
Former "Dr. Who" star John Barrowman wants a gay old role on "Glee" - as one of character Rachel Berry's homosexual dads. Neither dad has been seen on the show yet and "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy is considering keeping them away from the camera - but Scottish-born Barrowman has submitted his name as one of the fathers should he change his mind.
He says, "I have no idea if I'll be in it, I met with their casting people and I said I'd love to be in it - I'd be good as one of Rachel's gay dads."
Barrowman has already proved to be a hit with U.S. TV audiences - he played the ex-boyfriend of Drea DeMatteo's character on five episodes of "Desperate Housewives".
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle