Pete Doherty 'Dehydrated' After 'Hard' Weekend
Pete Doherty has added more mystery to health concerns surrounding the British rocker by revealing he "hit the weekend pretty hard" in a Twitter.com post to fans. The Babyshambles star canceled a show in Nice on Thursday, July 8 after he was reportedly hospitalized in France.
But he was photographed out and about in Paris on Friday, July 9 and attended scheduled festival shows in France and Scotland over the weekend. And he sparked controversy during his Babyshambles set at T in the Park on Sunday, July 11 when he urged fans to "beat up" anyone throwing bottles onstage after he was almost hit by a flying object.
But Doherty has refused to address his medical condition until now. In a tweet to fans on Tuesday, July 13, the British rocker wrote, "I hit the weekend pretty f**king hard, I feel even more like a dehydrated s**t than usual."
Reports suggest Doherty's hospitalization was overblown - he simply called off his Nice show after consulting a doctor at a Paris clinic. It is still not known what ailed Doherty last week.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle