Lee Ryan 'Really Upset' About Disappointing Album Sales
British singer Lee Ryan is "really upset" after his latest single failed to set the U.K. charts alight because record label bosses won't release his next album as a result. The pop star came in 33rd place on the singles charts last week with his double-sided release "I Am Who I Am/Secret Love", his first new solo material since 2007.
Ryan was expected to put out his album "Confessions" in October but he claims executives at Geffen have decided not to go through with the release due to his disappointing sales. And he's convinced he would've had better success if more copies of the CD were made available in retail stores.
In a series of posts on his Twitter page, he writes, "Really upset, 33 aint (sic) terrible but I thought it would of (sic) done better! The album is so good it's a shame it won't be out now! Only released 2000 copies! Most of the fans said they couldn't get it, not everyone downloads?"
"They just won't release (the album) now. I'm just gonna put it on the internet and the let the fans get it for free! F**k em!!!" But Ryan has good news to cheer him up - he's reuniting with his former boy band Blue to record new material. He adds, "Blue are getting back now and start recording now, tour will be next year!"
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details