Rep: Mary J. Blige Will Not Go Back to School
A spokesperson for Mary J. Blige has dismissed reports the soul singer is set to enroll at a U.S. university later this year - but the star isn't ruling out further education just yet. The "No More Drama" hitmaker, who dropped out of school as a teen, sparked rumors she'd be attending Howard University in autumn after she was awarded a high school degree on Monday, July 5.
She told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, "I just received my high school diploma. The city of New York gave me my high school diploma... and now Howard University has accepted me." Her publicist insists officials at the college in Washington, D.C. contacted Blige about attending - but she's not yet applied for a place.
Blige's rep tells UsMagazine.com the Grammy winner will be looking into the courses offered, adding: "Howard University came to her and expressed interest in having her as a student but she will not be attending. But don't rule it out at some point! She won't be giving up her music career."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby