Rep: Mary J. Blige Will Not Go Back to School
A spokesperson for Mary J. Blige has dismissed reports the soul singer is set to enroll at a U.S. university later this year - but the star isn't ruling out further education just yet. The "No More Drama" hitmaker, who dropped out of school as a teen, sparked rumors she'd be attending Howard University in autumn after she was awarded a high school degree on Monday, July 5.
She told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, "I just received my high school diploma. The city of New York gave me my high school diploma... and now Howard University has accepted me." Her publicist insists officials at the college in Washington, D.C. contacted Blige about attending - but she's not yet applied for a place.
Blige's rep tells UsMagazine.com the Grammy winner will be looking into the courses offered, adding: "Howard University came to her and expressed interest in having her as a student but she will not be attending. But don't rule it out at some point! She won't be giving up her music career."
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift