Rep: Mary J. Blige Will Not Go Back to School
A spokesperson for Mary J. Blige has dismissed reports the soul singer is set to enroll at a U.S. university later this year - but the star isn't ruling out further education just yet. The "No More Drama" hitmaker, who dropped out of school as a teen, sparked rumors she'd be attending Howard University in autumn after she was awarded a high school degree on Monday, July 5.
She told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, "I just received my high school diploma. The city of New York gave me my high school diploma... and now Howard University has accepted me." Her publicist insists officials at the college in Washington, D.C. contacted Blige about attending - but she's not yet applied for a place.
Blige's rep tells UsMagazine.com the Grammy winner will be looking into the courses offered, adding: "Howard University came to her and expressed interest in having her as a student but she will not be attending. But don't rule it out at some point! She won't be giving up her music career."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding