Rep: Mary J. Blige Will Not Go Back to School
A spokesperson for Mary J. Blige has dismissed reports the soul singer is set to enroll at a U.S. university later this year - but the star isn't ruling out further education just yet. The "No More Drama" hitmaker, who dropped out of school as a teen, sparked rumors she'd be attending Howard University in autumn after she was awarded a high school degree on Monday, July 5.
She told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, "I just received my high school diploma. The city of New York gave me my high school diploma... and now Howard University has accepted me." Her publicist insists officials at the college in Washington, D.C. contacted Blige about attending - but she's not yet applied for a place.
Blige's rep tells UsMagazine.com the Grammy winner will be looking into the courses offered, adding: "Howard University came to her and expressed interest in having her as a student but she will not be attending. But don't rule it out at some point! She won't be giving up her music career."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest