Rep: Mary J. Blige Will Not Go Back to School
A spokesperson for Mary J. Blige has dismissed reports the soul singer is set to enroll at a U.S. university later this year - but the star isn't ruling out further education just yet. The "No More Drama" hitmaker, who dropped out of school as a teen, sparked rumors she'd be attending Howard University in autumn after she was awarded a high school degree on Monday, July 5.
She told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, "I just received my high school diploma. The city of New York gave me my high school diploma... and now Howard University has accepted me." Her publicist insists officials at the college in Washington, D.C. contacted Blige about attending - but she's not yet applied for a place.
Blige's rep tells UsMagazine.com the Grammy winner will be looking into the courses offered, adding: "Howard University came to her and expressed interest in having her as a student but she will not be attending. But don't rule it out at some point! She won't be giving up her music career."
More Mary J. Blige News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!