Lady GaGa Gains Success Through Hard Work, Manager Claims
The man behind Lady GaGa's phenomenal success has urged new acts to have patience and work hard to become 'overnight sensations'. Svengali Troy Carter insists his colourful client is the perfect example of how hard work and hits can turn a hopeful into a somebody, and he fears too many current acts break into the big time too quickly and fizzle out just as fast.
He tells CelebrityAccess, "She (GaGa) has put in the work. She has really put in the work. This was years in the making. GaGa has a work ethic. GaGa hustles. She understands all of that. One of the problems now is that we have a very lazy business."
"People are lazy. That girl gets out there. When we first started I didn't know anything about pop music and she didn't know anything about touring or anything like that. You can't skip a step. People take the discovery process for granted. Fans want to feel like they have discovered you, and part of that discovery process is having the patience to start small."
More Lady GaGa News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role