Lady GaGa Gains Success Through Hard Work, Manager Claims
The man behind Lady GaGa's phenomenal success has urged new acts to have patience and work hard to become 'overnight sensations'. Svengali Troy Carter insists his colourful client is the perfect example of how hard work and hits can turn a hopeful into a somebody, and he fears too many current acts break into the big time too quickly and fizzle out just as fast.
He tells CelebrityAccess, "She (GaGa) has put in the work. She has really put in the work. This was years in the making. GaGa has a work ethic. GaGa hustles. She understands all of that. One of the problems now is that we have a very lazy business."
"People are lazy. That girl gets out there. When we first started I didn't know anything about pop music and she didn't know anything about touring or anything like that. You can't skip a step. People take the discovery process for granted. Fans want to feel like they have discovered you, and part of that discovery process is having the patience to start small."
More Lady GaGa News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes