Lady GaGa Gains Success Through Hard Work, Manager Claims
The man behind Lady GaGa's phenomenal success has urged new acts to have patience and work hard to become 'overnight sensations'. Svengali Troy Carter insists his colourful client is the perfect example of how hard work and hits can turn a hopeful into a somebody, and he fears too many current acts break into the big time too quickly and fizzle out just as fast.
He tells CelebrityAccess, "She (GaGa) has put in the work. She has really put in the work. This was years in the making. GaGa has a work ethic. GaGa hustles. She understands all of that. One of the problems now is that we have a very lazy business."
"People are lazy. That girl gets out there. When we first started I didn't know anything about pop music and she didn't know anything about touring or anything like that. You can't skip a step. People take the discovery process for granted. Fans want to feel like they have discovered you, and part of that discovery process is having the patience to start small."
More Lady GaGa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival