Lady GaGa Gains Success Through Hard Work, Manager Claims
The man behind Lady GaGa's phenomenal success has urged new acts to have patience and work hard to become 'overnight sensations'. Svengali Troy Carter insists his colourful client is the perfect example of how hard work and hits can turn a hopeful into a somebody, and he fears too many current acts break into the big time too quickly and fizzle out just as fast.
He tells CelebrityAccess, "She (GaGa) has put in the work. She has really put in the work. This was years in the making. GaGa has a work ethic. GaGa hustles. She understands all of that. One of the problems now is that we have a very lazy business."
"People are lazy. That girl gets out there. When we first started I didn't know anything about pop music and she didn't know anything about touring or anything like that. You can't skip a step. People take the discovery process for granted. Fans want to feel like they have discovered you, and part of that discovery process is having the patience to start small."
More Lady GaGa News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic