Hoping to Focus on Her Happiness, LeAnn Rimes Quits Twitter
Country star LeAnn Rimes has become the latest star to announce she's taking a break from 'tweeting', insisting the negative comments fired at her and her family on the social networking website are "unhealthy". Signing off on Thursday, July 8, Rimes told followers she's hoping to spend the rest of the summer concentrating on her happiness and not reading jibes and snipes from critics.
She writes, "It's unhealthy for me and my family to have to read negative comments from people who's (sic) opinions have no bearing on my life. I love my fans so very much and will return one day soon. I hope you understand. It's time for me to focus on healing, my happiness and my music."
The "Blue" singer has been in the headlines a lot in the past year after ending her marriage to Dean Sheremet following reports of an affair with married actor Eddie Cibrian. Cibrian also ended his marriage and he and Rimes are now officially together.
She's not the first singer to announce plans to quit Twitter - Miley Cyrus and Courtney Love have also vowed to give up tweeting.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'