Hoping to Focus on Her Happiness, LeAnn Rimes Quits Twitter
Country star LeAnn Rimes has become the latest star to announce she's taking a break from 'tweeting', insisting the negative comments fired at her and her family on the social networking website are "unhealthy". Signing off on Thursday, July 8, Rimes told followers she's hoping to spend the rest of the summer concentrating on her happiness and not reading jibes and snipes from critics.
She writes, "It's unhealthy for me and my family to have to read negative comments from people who's (sic) opinions have no bearing on my life. I love my fans so very much and will return one day soon. I hope you understand. It's time for me to focus on healing, my happiness and my music."
The "Blue" singer has been in the headlines a lot in the past year after ending her marriage to Dean Sheremet following reports of an affair with married actor Eddie Cibrian. Cibrian also ended his marriage and he and Rimes are now officially together.
She's not the first singer to announce plans to quit Twitter - Miley Cyrus and Courtney Love have also vowed to give up tweeting.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics