Hoping to Focus on Her Happiness, LeAnn Rimes Quits Twitter
Country star LeAnn Rimes has become the latest star to announce she's taking a break from 'tweeting', insisting the negative comments fired at her and her family on the social networking website are "unhealthy". Signing off on Thursday, July 8, Rimes told followers she's hoping to spend the rest of the summer concentrating on her happiness and not reading jibes and snipes from critics.
She writes, "It's unhealthy for me and my family to have to read negative comments from people who's (sic) opinions have no bearing on my life. I love my fans so very much and will return one day soon. I hope you understand. It's time for me to focus on healing, my happiness and my music."
The "Blue" singer has been in the headlines a lot in the past year after ending her marriage to Dean Sheremet following reports of an affair with married actor Eddie Cibrian. Cibrian also ended his marriage and he and Rimes are now officially together.
She's not the first singer to announce plans to quit Twitter - Miley Cyrus and Courtney Love have also vowed to give up tweeting.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound