Hoping to Focus on Her Happiness, LeAnn Rimes Quits Twitter
Country star LeAnn Rimes has become the latest star to announce she's taking a break from 'tweeting', insisting the negative comments fired at her and her family on the social networking website are "unhealthy". Signing off on Thursday, July 8, Rimes told followers she's hoping to spend the rest of the summer concentrating on her happiness and not reading jibes and snipes from critics.
She writes, "It's unhealthy for me and my family to have to read negative comments from people who's (sic) opinions have no bearing on my life. I love my fans so very much and will return one day soon. I hope you understand. It's time for me to focus on healing, my happiness and my music."
The "Blue" singer has been in the headlines a lot in the past year after ending her marriage to Dean Sheremet following reports of an affair with married actor Eddie Cibrian. Cibrian also ended his marriage and he and Rimes are now officially together.
She's not the first singer to announce plans to quit Twitter - Miley Cyrus and Courtney Love have also vowed to give up tweeting.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction