Dog Accused of Biting Vanessa Carlton Escapes Death
A dog accused of attacking Vanessa Carlton in May has been saved from death after the pet's owner proved the teeth marks on the singer's leg did not match those of the pooch. The "A Thousand Miles" hitmaker was jogging near her father's home in Shohola, Pennsylvania when a pitbull reportedly broke through its owner's electric fence and sunk its teeth into the star's flesh.
Carlton suffered five puncture wounds on her leg and had to be treated by medics for the injury. The singer lodged a formal complaint with regional dog law enforcement officers against the animal suspect, identified as nine-month-old Bella, and the case went to trial on Thursday, July 8.
Bella's owner argued Carlton's bite marks could not have been caused by her puppy and presented forensic experts in doggy dentistry and behavior to prove her point. The judge accepted the owner's claim and ruled Bella did not have to be put down and could instead return home.
Carlton, who attended the court proceedings, has refused to comment on the decision.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage