Dog Accused of Biting Vanessa Carlton Escapes Death
A dog accused of attacking Vanessa Carlton in May has been saved from death after the pet's owner proved the teeth marks on the singer's leg did not match those of the pooch. The "A Thousand Miles" hitmaker was jogging near her father's home in Shohola, Pennsylvania when a pitbull reportedly broke through its owner's electric fence and sunk its teeth into the star's flesh.
Carlton suffered five puncture wounds on her leg and had to be treated by medics for the injury. The singer lodged a formal complaint with regional dog law enforcement officers against the animal suspect, identified as nine-month-old Bella, and the case went to trial on Thursday, July 8.
Bella's owner argued Carlton's bite marks could not have been caused by her puppy and presented forensic experts in doggy dentistry and behavior to prove her point. The judge accepted the owner's claim and ruled Bella did not have to be put down and could instead return home.
Carlton, who attended the court proceedings, has refused to comment on the decision.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'