Julianne Moore's Children Book to Be Turned Into Stage Musical
Julianne Moore's children's book, "Freckleface Strawberry", is to hit the stage as a major new musical. The actress tasted literary success with the tale in 2007 and she has since penned a sequel, "Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully", and now the original has been picked up as a stage spectacular for kids.
She tells WENN, "It's really fun and weird because I have little to do with it. They optioned the book and decided to do it. It's kind of fun and interesting to see it." She adds, "I saw a workshop they did with children and a workshop they did with adults. I think they're gonna mount the show with young adults playing kids because it's difficult getting really little kids to do this kind of stuff. The music is charming. It was a lot of fun to watch. It's opening in September off-Broadway."
Aside from her literary work, Julianne Moore will appear in "The Kids Are All Right" which is set to get limited U.S. release on July 9.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell