Julianne Moore's Children Book to Be Turned Into Stage Musical
Julianne Moore's children's book, "Freckleface Strawberry", is to hit the stage as a major new musical. The actress tasted literary success with the tale in 2007 and she has since penned a sequel, "Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully", and now the original has been picked up as a stage spectacular for kids.
She tells WENN, "It's really fun and weird because I have little to do with it. They optioned the book and decided to do it. It's kind of fun and interesting to see it." She adds, "I saw a workshop they did with children and a workshop they did with adults. I think they're gonna mount the show with young adults playing kids because it's difficult getting really little kids to do this kind of stuff. The music is charming. It was a lot of fun to watch. It's opening in September off-Broadway."
Aside from her literary work, Julianne Moore will appear in "The Kids Are All Right" which is set to get limited U.S. release on July 9.
More Julianne Moore News
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC