Julianne Moore's Children Book to Be Turned Into Stage Musical
Julianne Moore's children's book, "Freckleface Strawberry", is to hit the stage as a major new musical. The actress tasted literary success with the tale in 2007 and she has since penned a sequel, "Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully", and now the original has been picked up as a stage spectacular for kids.
She tells WENN, "It's really fun and weird because I have little to do with it. They optioned the book and decided to do it. It's kind of fun and interesting to see it." She adds, "I saw a workshop they did with children and a workshop they did with adults. I think they're gonna mount the show with young adults playing kids because it's difficult getting really little kids to do this kind of stuff. The music is charming. It was a lot of fun to watch. It's opening in September off-Broadway."
Aside from her literary work, Julianne Moore will appear in "The Kids Are All Right" which is set to get limited U.S. release on July 9.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week