Julianne Moore's Children Book to Be Turned Into Stage Musical
Julianne Moore's children's book, "Freckleface Strawberry", is to hit the stage as a major new musical. The actress tasted literary success with the tale in 2007 and she has since penned a sequel, "Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully", and now the original has been picked up as a stage spectacular for kids.
She tells WENN, "It's really fun and weird because I have little to do with it. They optioned the book and decided to do it. It's kind of fun and interesting to see it." She adds, "I saw a workshop they did with children and a workshop they did with adults. I think they're gonna mount the show with young adults playing kids because it's difficult getting really little kids to do this kind of stuff. The music is charming. It was a lot of fun to watch. It's opening in September off-Broadway."
Aside from her literary work, Julianne Moore will appear in "The Kids Are All Right" which is set to get limited U.S. release on July 9.
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online