Julianne Moore's Children Book to Be Turned Into Stage Musical
Julianne Moore's children's book, "Freckleface Strawberry", is to hit the stage as a major new musical. The actress tasted literary success with the tale in 2007 and she has since penned a sequel, "Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully", and now the original has been picked up as a stage spectacular for kids.
She tells WENN, "It's really fun and weird because I have little to do with it. They optioned the book and decided to do it. It's kind of fun and interesting to see it." She adds, "I saw a workshop they did with children and a workshop they did with adults. I think they're gonna mount the show with young adults playing kids because it's difficult getting really little kids to do this kind of stuff. The music is charming. It was a lot of fun to watch. It's opening in September off-Broadway."
Aside from her literary work, Julianne Moore will appear in "The Kids Are All Right" which is set to get limited U.S. release on July 9.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'