Mom Mourning the Loss of Heidi Montag
Heidi Montag's mother has lost all contact with the reality TV star, and feels like she's "mourning the loss of a child". "The Hills" star has been estranged from Darlene Egelhoff since she unveiled her new surgically enhanced body to her mum earlier this year, showing off the 10 cosmetic procedures she had done within a 24-hour period.
But Montag was driven to tears by Egelhoff's reaction to her dramatic new look, claiming her mum studied her "like a circus freak". She said, "She was looking at me almost like a zoo animal. It wasn't like I was her daughter anymore. She was looking at me like I was a circus freak. I tried to leave it as best as I could, but my heart was breaking."
Now Egelhoff has expressed her own sadness at the estrangement, insisting she is losing sleep over the fractured relationship with her daughter. On the latest episode of "The Hills", which airs in America on Tuesday, July 6, Egelhoff says, "I haven't slept in months. I had to go get a prescription for sleeping pills just to be able to go to sleep at night to the point that I didn't even know how I would even make it another day."
"I've been mourning the loss of a child and, yeah, it hurts. It hurts more than I thought it could hurt."
The revelation comes weeks after Montag called the cops on her mum when she turned up unannounced at the home the star shared with her husband Spencer Pratt. Montag has since filed for divorce from Pratt.
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say