Paris Hilton's Friend Ordered to Leave South Africa
Paris Hilton's friend has been ordered to leave South Africa after she was caught carrying marijuana following a World Cup soccer game on Friday, July 2. The hotel heiress was embroiled in controversy last week when reports suggested she and a group of pals had been arrested by police in Port Elizabeth for pot possession.
Hilton's representative moved swiftly to clear up the rumors, insisting the incident was a "complete misunderstanding", adding that the socialite had nothing to do with the drug investigation and that authorities had "apologized for wrongfully accusing her".
But Hilton's friend, former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero, has not been so lucky - cops claim she confessed to the marijuana possession and has been told she must depart the country within the next two weeks, reports the Associated Press.
Rovero has also been banned from returning to South Africa until at least 2012. Hilton's stay in the country has not been affected by her friend's run-in with the law.
More Paris Hilton News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent