Paris Hilton's Friend Ordered to Leave South Africa
Paris Hilton's friend has been ordered to leave South Africa after she was caught carrying marijuana following a World Cup soccer game on Friday, July 2. The hotel heiress was embroiled in controversy last week when reports suggested she and a group of pals had been arrested by police in Port Elizabeth for pot possession.
Hilton's representative moved swiftly to clear up the rumors, insisting the incident was a "complete misunderstanding", adding that the socialite had nothing to do with the drug investigation and that authorities had "apologized for wrongfully accusing her".
But Hilton's friend, former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero, has not been so lucky - cops claim she confessed to the marijuana possession and has been told she must depart the country within the next two weeks, reports the Associated Press.
Rovero has also been banned from returning to South Africa until at least 2012. Hilton's stay in the country has not been affected by her friend's run-in with the law.
More Paris Hilton News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday