Paris Hilton's Friend Ordered to Leave South Africa
Paris Hilton's friend has been ordered to leave South Africa after she was caught carrying marijuana following a World Cup soccer game on Friday, July 2. The hotel heiress was embroiled in controversy last week when reports suggested she and a group of pals had been arrested by police in Port Elizabeth for pot possession.
Hilton's representative moved swiftly to clear up the rumors, insisting the incident was a "complete misunderstanding", adding that the socialite had nothing to do with the drug investigation and that authorities had "apologized for wrongfully accusing her".
But Hilton's friend, former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero, has not been so lucky - cops claim she confessed to the marijuana possession and has been told she must depart the country within the next two weeks, reports the Associated Press.
Rovero has also been banned from returning to South Africa until at least 2012. Hilton's stay in the country has not been affected by her friend's run-in with the law.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!