Paris Hilton's Friend Ordered to Leave South Africa
Paris Hilton's friend has been ordered to leave South Africa after she was caught carrying marijuana following a World Cup soccer game on Friday, July 2. The hotel heiress was embroiled in controversy last week when reports suggested she and a group of pals had been arrested by police in Port Elizabeth for pot possession.
Hilton's representative moved swiftly to clear up the rumors, insisting the incident was a "complete misunderstanding", adding that the socialite had nothing to do with the drug investigation and that authorities had "apologized for wrongfully accusing her".
But Hilton's friend, former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero, has not been so lucky - cops claim she confessed to the marijuana possession and has been told she must depart the country within the next two weeks, reports the Associated Press.
Rovero has also been banned from returning to South Africa until at least 2012. Hilton's stay in the country has not been affected by her friend's run-in with the law.
More Paris Hilton News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie