Paris Hilton's Friend Ordered to Leave South Africa
Paris Hilton's friend has been ordered to leave South Africa after she was caught carrying marijuana following a World Cup soccer game on Friday, July 2. The hotel heiress was embroiled in controversy last week when reports suggested she and a group of pals had been arrested by police in Port Elizabeth for pot possession.
Hilton's representative moved swiftly to clear up the rumors, insisting the incident was a "complete misunderstanding", adding that the socialite had nothing to do with the drug investigation and that authorities had "apologized for wrongfully accusing her".
But Hilton's friend, former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero, has not been so lucky - cops claim she confessed to the marijuana possession and has been told she must depart the country within the next two weeks, reports the Associated Press.
Rovero has also been banned from returning to South Africa until at least 2012. Hilton's stay in the country has not been affected by her friend's run-in with the law.
More Paris Hilton News
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'