OutKast Will Regroup Despite Jive Records' Blocking, Big Boi Says
Rapper Big Boi is adamant there will be an OutKast reunion in the near future, despite music executives trying to block the duo from teaming up again. Big Boi switched labels from Jive Records to Def Jam after bosses told him they were unsure how to promote his new album, "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty".
The move wasn't a popular one and Big Boi recently claimed Jive bosses have been trying to stop him working with OutKast bandmate Andre Benjamin, aka Andre 3000. He said last month, "Jive is trying to block Dre (Andre 3000) from being on my record. We can't be on songs together now."
But the "Hey Ya!" hitmaker brushed off speculation he will never reform the duo after British TV host Kate Walsh asked him if it was the end of OutKast. He tells the Live From Studio Five presenter, "Of course not, no... No, no. We're doing the solo albums first then we're going to do the OutKast project after that."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory