OutKast Will Regroup Despite Jive Records' Blocking, Big Boi Says
Rapper Big Boi is adamant there will be an OutKast reunion in the near future, despite music executives trying to block the duo from teaming up again. Big Boi switched labels from Jive Records to Def Jam after bosses told him they were unsure how to promote his new album, "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty".
The move wasn't a popular one and Big Boi recently claimed Jive bosses have been trying to stop him working with OutKast bandmate Andre Benjamin, aka Andre 3000. He said last month, "Jive is trying to block Dre (Andre 3000) from being on my record. We can't be on songs together now."
But the "Hey Ya!" hitmaker brushed off speculation he will never reform the duo after British TV host Kate Walsh asked him if it was the end of OutKast. He tells the Live From Studio Five presenter, "Of course not, no... No, no. We're doing the solo albums first then we're going to do the OutKast project after that."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered