OutKast Will Regroup Despite Jive Records' Blocking, Big Boi Says
Rapper Big Boi is adamant there will be an OutKast reunion in the near future, despite music executives trying to block the duo from teaming up again. Big Boi switched labels from Jive Records to Def Jam after bosses told him they were unsure how to promote his new album, "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty".
The move wasn't a popular one and Big Boi recently claimed Jive bosses have been trying to stop him working with OutKast bandmate Andre Benjamin, aka Andre 3000. He said last month, "Jive is trying to block Dre (Andre 3000) from being on my record. We can't be on songs together now."
But the "Hey Ya!" hitmaker brushed off speculation he will never reform the duo after British TV host Kate Walsh asked him if it was the end of OutKast. He tells the Live From Studio Five presenter, "Of course not, no... No, no. We're doing the solo albums first then we're going to do the OutKast project after that."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic