OutKast Will Regroup Despite Jive Records' Blocking, Big Boi Says
Rapper Big Boi is adamant there will be an OutKast reunion in the near future, despite music executives trying to block the duo from teaming up again. Big Boi switched labels from Jive Records to Def Jam after bosses told him they were unsure how to promote his new album, "Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty".
The move wasn't a popular one and Big Boi recently claimed Jive bosses have been trying to stop him working with OutKast bandmate Andre Benjamin, aka Andre 3000. He said last month, "Jive is trying to block Dre (Andre 3000) from being on my record. We can't be on songs together now."
But the "Hey Ya!" hitmaker brushed off speculation he will never reform the duo after British TV host Kate Walsh asked him if it was the end of OutKast. He tells the Live From Studio Five presenter, "Of course not, no... No, no. We're doing the solo albums first then we're going to do the OutKast project after that."
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert