Bret Michaels Confirms He Is in Talks With 'American Idol' Bosses
Rocker Bret Michaels has revealed he is in talks with "American Idol" bosses about possibly replacing Simon Cowell as a judge on the show. The Poison star made his first live appearance after his recent brain hemorrhage and mild stroke on the talent show's finale and rumors have been rife ever since that he's the man to take over Cowell's chair.
And now he admits he's planning to meet with producers to discuss the idea. He tells Parade.com, "We have a meeting in L.A. in a couple weeks and we're going to sit down and talk. They did a poll and I think it was Madonna, P. Diddy, Howard Stern and myself, and I took 50 per cent or 60 per cent of the vote and that's tremendous. I would love to be a judge on 'American Idol'. I think I would bring a lot to the table."
"I'm not built exactly like Simon Cowell, but, at the same time, I respect what he did. I would have to bring my own personality. I think if they have someone in there to try to imitate Simon, it would be a mistake; he's an original," he states. "Bring Bret Michaels in to be original... Bring someone who can bring a little grit, true grit, back to the show."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story