Bret Michaels Confirms He Is in Talks With 'American Idol' Bosses
Rocker Bret Michaels has revealed he is in talks with "American Idol" bosses about possibly replacing Simon Cowell as a judge on the show. The Poison star made his first live appearance after his recent brain hemorrhage and mild stroke on the talent show's finale and rumors have been rife ever since that he's the man to take over Cowell's chair.
And now he admits he's planning to meet with producers to discuss the idea. He tells Parade.com, "We have a meeting in L.A. in a couple weeks and we're going to sit down and talk. They did a poll and I think it was Madonna, P. Diddy, Howard Stern and myself, and I took 50 per cent or 60 per cent of the vote and that's tremendous. I would love to be a judge on 'American Idol'. I think I would bring a lot to the table."
"I'm not built exactly like Simon Cowell, but, at the same time, I respect what he did. I would have to bring my own personality. I think if they have someone in there to try to imitate Simon, it would be a mistake; he's an original," he states. "Bring Bret Michaels in to be original... Bring someone who can bring a little grit, true grit, back to the show."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby