Bret Michaels Confirms He Is in Talks With 'American Idol' Bosses
Rocker Bret Michaels has revealed he is in talks with "American Idol" bosses about possibly replacing Simon Cowell as a judge on the show. The Poison star made his first live appearance after his recent brain hemorrhage and mild stroke on the talent show's finale and rumors have been rife ever since that he's the man to take over Cowell's chair.
And now he admits he's planning to meet with producers to discuss the idea. He tells Parade.com, "We have a meeting in L.A. in a couple weeks and we're going to sit down and talk. They did a poll and I think it was Madonna, P. Diddy, Howard Stern and myself, and I took 50 per cent or 60 per cent of the vote and that's tremendous. I would love to be a judge on 'American Idol'. I think I would bring a lot to the table."
"I'm not built exactly like Simon Cowell, but, at the same time, I respect what he did. I would have to bring my own personality. I think if they have someone in there to try to imitate Simon, it would be a mistake; he's an original," he states. "Bring Bret Michaels in to be original... Bring someone who can bring a little grit, true grit, back to the show."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture