Kylie Minogue to Celebrate Five Years of Cancer-Free
Kylie Minogue is feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of approaching the five-year anniversary of receiving the all-clear from cancer - admitting it still evokes a "mixture of emotions" in her. The "Spinning Around" hitmaker was told by doctors in 2005 that she had breast cancer and immediately canceled all her working commitments to undergo intense chemotherapy treatment, causing her to lose her hair.
She made her stage comeback the following year and was subsequently given the all-clear from the disease - and Minogue admits she's looking forward to celebrating the five-year anniversary in 2011.
The singer tells Sky News, "It actually makes me almost lose my breath because it's such a big deal. I will definitely be celebrating but it's going to be such a mixture of emotions. You know it just makes me think of all the incredible specialists and doctors and nurses and people sending letters. You feel so kind of alone and small and vulnerable at that time and yet you actually associate yourself with so many people."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris