Ciara Supports HIV Campaign, Encouraging Young Fans to Get Tested
Singer Ciara is backing a campaign encouraging young Americans to get tested for HIV - so they will "know what's going on" with their bodies. The "Get Up" hitmaker is fronting the Get Yourself Tested drive to help young people across the U.S. combat sexually transmitted diseases.
Speaking at Sunday's June 27 National Annual HIV Testing Day as part of the campaign, she tells MTV News, "You gotta do it. Knowing is greater than doubt. You'll feel so much better if you know what's going on with your body, and you don't want to be surprised."
The GYT campaign was launched to help combat sexually-transmitted deseases among young people around the country. To learn how to find events and free HIV-testing locations, young people can log on to MTV's GYTnow.org.
More Ciara News
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- James Franco and Seth Rogen Are Developing '90s Teen Drama for Hulu
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers