Ciara Supports HIV Campaign, Encouraging Young Fans to Get Tested
Singer Ciara is backing a campaign encouraging young Americans to get tested for HIV - so they will "know what's going on" with their bodies. The "Get Up" hitmaker is fronting the Get Yourself Tested drive to help young people across the U.S. combat sexually transmitted diseases.
Speaking at Sunday's June 27 National Annual HIV Testing Day as part of the campaign, she tells MTV News, "You gotta do it. Knowing is greater than doubt. You'll feel so much better if you know what's going on with your body, and you don't want to be surprised."
The GYT campaign was launched to help combat sexually-transmitted deseases among young people around the country. To learn how to find events and free HIV-testing locations, young people can log on to MTV's GYTnow.org.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?