Ciara Supports HIV Campaign, Encouraging Young Fans to Get Tested
Singer Ciara is backing a campaign encouraging young Americans to get tested for HIV - so they will "know what's going on" with their bodies. The "Get Up" hitmaker is fronting the Get Yourself Tested drive to help young people across the U.S. combat sexually transmitted diseases.
Speaking at Sunday's June 27 National Annual HIV Testing Day as part of the campaign, she tells MTV News, "You gotta do it. Knowing is greater than doubt. You'll feel so much better if you know what's going on with your body, and you don't want to be surprised."
The GYT campaign was launched to help combat sexually-transmitted deseases among young people around the country. To learn how to find events and free HIV-testing locations, young people can log on to MTV's GYTnow.org.
More Ciara News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake