Ciara Supports HIV Campaign, Encouraging Young Fans to Get Tested
Singer Ciara is backing a campaign encouraging young Americans to get tested for HIV - so they will "know what's going on" with their bodies. The "Get Up" hitmaker is fronting the Get Yourself Tested drive to help young people across the U.S. combat sexually transmitted diseases.
Speaking at Sunday's June 27 National Annual HIV Testing Day as part of the campaign, she tells MTV News, "You gotta do it. Knowing is greater than doubt. You'll feel so much better if you know what's going on with your body, and you don't want to be surprised."
The GYT campaign was launched to help combat sexually-transmitted deseases among young people around the country. To learn how to find events and free HIV-testing locations, young people can log on to MTV's GYTnow.org.
More Ciara News
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert