Ciara Supports HIV Campaign, Encouraging Young Fans to Get Tested
Singer Ciara is backing a campaign encouraging young Americans to get tested for HIV - so they will "know what's going on" with their bodies. The "Get Up" hitmaker is fronting the Get Yourself Tested drive to help young people across the U.S. combat sexually transmitted diseases.
Speaking at Sunday's June 27 National Annual HIV Testing Day as part of the campaign, she tells MTV News, "You gotta do it. Knowing is greater than doubt. You'll feel so much better if you know what's going on with your body, and you don't want to be surprised."
The GYT campaign was launched to help combat sexually-transmitted deseases among young people around the country. To learn how to find events and free HIV-testing locations, young people can log on to MTV's GYTnow.org.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group