Director Sofia Coppola Welcomes Second Baby
"Lost in Translation" director Sofia Coppola and her partner, French rocker Thomas Mars are second-time parents, according to reports. Coppola gave birth "within the last month" to the couple's second baby girl, named Cosmina, reports People.
The tot will be a little sister for the couple's three-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Romy. Coppola and Mars, the frontman for the band Phoenix, announced the pregnancy in December 2009. The couple began dating in 2005.
Aside from their personal life, Sofia Coppola and Thomas Mars, along with his band, have recently collaborated on her upcoming movie "Somewhere". Phoenix guitarist Christian Mazzalai told MTV Radio about the project, "She asked us to do some music, very in the spirit of 'Love Like a Sunset,' so we tried to put that track and elements of the track in the movie, and it worked well. And then we wrote very small pieces of music, very minimal music for the movie too... . We're very proud of it."
"This is the first time we feel [that] the music fits to the picture," bassist Deck D'Arcy added. "We've [been on] many soundtracks before, and it's always weird for us - producers must like [our songs], of course, if they use them - but for us, it's always weird to see them in the films."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris