Movie Bad Guys Among Academy Awards Membership Wish List
"Saw" actor Tobin Bell, James Gandolfini, Christoph Waltz and 2010 Oscar nominees Carey Mulligan, Anna Kendrick, Jeremy Renner, Gabourey Sidibe and Vera Farmiga have been invited to become members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and help decide future Academy Awards.
Academy officials have invited 135 actors, writers, directors, executives and behind-the-scenes icons to join up, explaining that everyone on the list has "distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures." Academy President Tom Sherak says, "The work of these individuals has been appreciated by moviegoers all around the world. The Academy is proud to invite each and every one of them."
Also on the list of prospective members are Oscar winner Mo'Nique, Miguel Ferrer, Ryan Reynolds, Saoirse Ronan, Zoe Saldana, Adam Sandler and Peter Sarsgaard. New members will be welcomed into the Academy at an invitation-only reception at the Academy's Fairbanks Center for Motion Picture Study in Beverly Hills in September.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order