Movie Bad Guys Among Academy Awards Membership Wish List
"Saw" actor Tobin Bell, James Gandolfini, Christoph Waltz and 2010 Oscar nominees Carey Mulligan, Anna Kendrick, Jeremy Renner, Gabourey Sidibe and Vera Farmiga have been invited to become members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and help decide future Academy Awards.
Academy officials have invited 135 actors, writers, directors, executives and behind-the-scenes icons to join up, explaining that everyone on the list has "distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures." Academy President Tom Sherak says, "The work of these individuals has been appreciated by moviegoers all around the world. The Academy is proud to invite each and every one of them."
Also on the list of prospective members are Oscar winner Mo'Nique, Miguel Ferrer, Ryan Reynolds, Saoirse Ronan, Zoe Saldana, Adam Sandler and Peter Sarsgaard. New members will be welcomed into the Academy at an invitation-only reception at the Academy's Fairbanks Center for Motion Picture Study in Beverly Hills in September.
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC