Nick Jonas Calls 'Les Miserables' Performance as 'Living the Dream'
Nick Jonas' theater dreams came true on Monday, June 21 after the pop star made his debut in London's famed West End. The 17-year-old star of boy band the Jonas Brothers, who began his career as a child actor on Broadway, marked his first night playing Marius in "Les Miserables" at the Queen's Theater in the British capital.
He was cheered on by his older siblings and bandmates, Kevin and Joe, who flew to the U.K. to watch their brother take to the stage in the musical. On the morning of his first performance, Jonas wrote in a post on his Twitter.com page, "I woke up today and realized... Time flies very quickly... When you're living the dream."
And after his first curtain call, he added, "What a night. First show was amazing. Thanks to everyone for the good luck messages. Congrats (congratulations) to all my cast mates. Goodnight." Jonas, who last performed on the New York stage in a 2003 revival of Les Miserables, has agreed to a three-week stint in the West End.
More Nick Jonas News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet