Donatella Versace Grieving Young Model's Death
Designer Donatella Versace has spoken of her sadness following the loss of top male model Tom Nicon, who was found dead in Milan, Italy on Friday, June 18. The 22-year-old Frenchman, who has fronted dozens of campaigns for fashion's biggest names and was the face of Burberry, is believed to have jumped from his apartment building in the Italian city on Friday - a day before the start of Milan Fashion Week.
He had returned to his home following a fitting for the Versace menswear runway show before his death, and the label's boss Donatella Versace has expressed her shock over Nicon's passing. She tells Britain's Daily Mail, "He was with us on Friday morning for a final fitting."
"He seemed fine and calm. He had already done three or four shows with us and he was a sweet boy. We just can't understand why he did what he did. We would never have thought he would do something like this. When we heard the news, we were all so upset and we still are all so very sad."
According to the publication, police officers in Milan are treating the death as a suicide and investigating claims he was depressed after splitting from his girlfriend.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival