Nicholas Brendon Sentenced to Three-Year Probation for Alleged Cop Attack
Actor Nicholas Brendon has been handed a one-year suspended jail sentence after pleading no contest to battery and vandalism charges stemming from a drunken bust-up with police in March. Officers were called to investigate a man causing a commotion in Venice, California, and when they arrived at the scene, Brendon, who is said to have been inebriated, allegedly refused to co-operate and ran away - forcing police to use a Taser gun on him.
The former "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star was hospitalized and booked for vandalism after allegedly damaging property during the scuffle. He was also charged with resisting arrest and hit with two counts of battery against a police officer, leaving him facing up to two years behind bars.
But Brendon landed a lucky break from Los Angeles authorities on Friday, June 18 when he pleaded no contest to the four misdemeanors - a judge decided to place him on 36 months probation and give him a suspended sentence instead, reports TMZ.com. The actor has also been banned from drinking alcohol in public while on probation and ordered to complete an anger management course and 10 days in a work program.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler