John Lennon's Handwritten Lyrics Worth 1.2 Million Dollars
John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for The Beatles' song "A Day in the Life" have sold for a staggering $1.2 million (800,000 pound sterling) at an auction in New York. Lennon's scrawled notes were purchased by a private American collector, who bid by phone at the Sotheby's sale on Friday, June 18.
The double-sided sheet of paper features the late star's edits and corrections, written in black felt marker and blue ball point pen, with annotations in red ink. Pre-sale estimates predicted the item would only sell for between $500,000 (333,330 pound sterling) and 800,000 (533,300 pound sterling).
"A Day in the Life" was featured on The Beatles' Grammy-winning 1967 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". This eighth studio album of the English rock group was released in June 1967 and received worldwide critical and commercial success.
More John Lennon News
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly