John Lennon's Handwritten Lyrics Worth 1.2 Million Dollars
John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for The Beatles' song "A Day in the Life" have sold for a staggering $1.2 million (800,000 pound sterling) at an auction in New York. Lennon's scrawled notes were purchased by a private American collector, who bid by phone at the Sotheby's sale on Friday, June 18.
The double-sided sheet of paper features the late star's edits and corrections, written in black felt marker and blue ball point pen, with annotations in red ink. Pre-sale estimates predicted the item would only sell for between $500,000 (333,330 pound sterling) and 800,000 (533,300 pound sterling).
"A Day in the Life" was featured on The Beatles' Grammy-winning 1967 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". This eighth studio album of the English rock group was released in June 1967 and received worldwide critical and commercial success.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'