John Lennon's Handwritten Lyrics Worth 1.2 Million Dollars
John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for The Beatles' song "A Day in the Life" have sold for a staggering $1.2 million (800,000 pound sterling) at an auction in New York. Lennon's scrawled notes were purchased by a private American collector, who bid by phone at the Sotheby's sale on Friday, June 18.
The double-sided sheet of paper features the late star's edits and corrections, written in black felt marker and blue ball point pen, with annotations in red ink. Pre-sale estimates predicted the item would only sell for between $500,000 (333,330 pound sterling) and 800,000 (533,300 pound sterling).
"A Day in the Life" was featured on The Beatles' Grammy-winning 1967 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". This eighth studio album of the English rock group was released in June 1967 and received worldwide critical and commercial success.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy