John Lennon's Handwritten Lyrics Worth 1.2 Million Dollars
John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for The Beatles' song "A Day in the Life" have sold for a staggering $1.2 million (800,000 pound sterling) at an auction in New York. Lennon's scrawled notes were purchased by a private American collector, who bid by phone at the Sotheby's sale on Friday, June 18.
The double-sided sheet of paper features the late star's edits and corrections, written in black felt marker and blue ball point pen, with annotations in red ink. Pre-sale estimates predicted the item would only sell for between $500,000 (333,330 pound sterling) and 800,000 (533,300 pound sterling).
"A Day in the Life" was featured on The Beatles' Grammy-winning 1967 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". This eighth studio album of the English rock group was released in June 1967 and received worldwide critical and commercial success.
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!