John Lennon's Handwritten Lyrics Worth 1.2 Million Dollars
John Lennon's handwritten lyrics for The Beatles' song "A Day in the Life" have sold for a staggering $1.2 million (800,000 pound sterling) at an auction in New York. Lennon's scrawled notes were purchased by a private American collector, who bid by phone at the Sotheby's sale on Friday, June 18.
The double-sided sheet of paper features the late star's edits and corrections, written in black felt marker and blue ball point pen, with annotations in red ink. Pre-sale estimates predicted the item would only sell for between $500,000 (333,330 pound sterling) and 800,000 (533,300 pound sterling).
"A Day in the Life" was featured on The Beatles' Grammy-winning 1967 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". This eighth studio album of the English rock group was released in June 1967 and received worldwide critical and commercial success.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'