Gary Coleman's Estate Executor Steps Down
Gary Coleman's former manager is withdrawing his bid to be officially appointed executor of the late star's estate following the discovery of an updated will the actor signed in 2005. The former "Diff'rent Strokes" star's affairs have been thrown into disarray since his death last month after he allegedly failed to leave strict instructions regarding the division of his assets.
His ex-wife Shannon Price filed a handwritten addendum in court last week in an effort to get her share of Coleman's estate and the actor's TV brother Todd Bridges and one-time manager Dion Mial both claim they have directives from the former child star too.
But in a new document executed in February 2005, and filed in Utah on Friday, Coleman left everything to a woman called Anna Gray. Price was not mentioned in the latest will, reports the Associated Press.
And the discovery has prompted Mial to halt attempts to win legal control over Coleman's estate, his attorney, Alderman Ken, has confirmed. Gray, who is believed to be Coleman's ex-girlfriend and one of his most trusted pals, filed documents with a court in Provo, Utah stating her inclusion as a trustee in a 2005 will.
A hearing regarding Coleman's estate is expected to take place in Provo on Monday, June 14.
Coleman died on May 28 after suffering a brain haemorrhage following a fall at home. An autopsy was completed last week and coroners have ruled his death an accident, listing chronic renal failure as a contributing factor to the actor's death.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics