Gary Coleman's Estate Executor Steps Down
Gary Coleman's former manager is withdrawing his bid to be officially appointed executor of the late star's estate following the discovery of an updated will the actor signed in 2005. The former "Diff'rent Strokes" star's affairs have been thrown into disarray since his death last month after he allegedly failed to leave strict instructions regarding the division of his assets.
His ex-wife Shannon Price filed a handwritten addendum in court last week in an effort to get her share of Coleman's estate and the actor's TV brother Todd Bridges and one-time manager Dion Mial both claim they have directives from the former child star too.
But in a new document executed in February 2005, and filed in Utah on Friday, Coleman left everything to a woman called Anna Gray. Price was not mentioned in the latest will, reports the Associated Press.
And the discovery has prompted Mial to halt attempts to win legal control over Coleman's estate, his attorney, Alderman Ken, has confirmed. Gray, who is believed to be Coleman's ex-girlfriend and one of his most trusted pals, filed documents with a court in Provo, Utah stating her inclusion as a trustee in a 2005 will.
A hearing regarding Coleman's estate is expected to take place in Provo on Monday, June 14.
Coleman died on May 28 after suffering a brain haemorrhage following a fall at home. An autopsy was completed last week and coroners have ruled his death an accident, listing chronic renal failure as a contributing factor to the actor's death.
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12