Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Fended Off Anti-Gay Protesters at Pride Parade
Sharon and Kelly Osbourne fended off protesters during the Gay Pride Parade in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 13 after a group of anti-homosexual campaigners targeted the pair at the event. The reality TV stars acted as the parade's Grand Marshals and were traveling through the city on a float when a mob started yelling anti-gay profanities at them.
But Sharon Osbourne fought back - taking to a loud speaker to shout at them, "You should be ashamed of yourselves!" Rock offspring Kelly then joined her mother by leading the crowd in chanting "My God loves gays!" to drown out the protests.
A source tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Kelly and Sharon were amazing. They didn't look intimidated by the protesters for one minute - if anything, it was exactly the opposite, they relished the fight! Sharon got right in their faces admonishing them and Kelly just started shouting into the microphone: 'My God loves gays!' The crowd went wild and started chanting, the atmosphere was electric!"
"The protesters were obviously defeated and left pretty quickly. As they were leaving everyone was screaming and clapping, it was amazing! Sharon and Kelly are gay icons and they proved why on Sunday - they really are friends to the gay community, and in return we love them."
More Sharon Osbourne News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media