Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Fended Off Anti-Gay Protesters at Pride Parade
Sharon and Kelly Osbourne fended off protesters during the Gay Pride Parade in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 13 after a group of anti-homosexual campaigners targeted the pair at the event. The reality TV stars acted as the parade's Grand Marshals and were traveling through the city on a float when a mob started yelling anti-gay profanities at them.
But Sharon Osbourne fought back - taking to a loud speaker to shout at them, "You should be ashamed of yourselves!" Rock offspring Kelly then joined her mother by leading the crowd in chanting "My God loves gays!" to drown out the protests.
A source tells Britain's Daily Mail, "Kelly and Sharon were amazing. They didn't look intimidated by the protesters for one minute - if anything, it was exactly the opposite, they relished the fight! Sharon got right in their faces admonishing them and Kelly just started shouting into the microphone: 'My God loves gays!' The crowd went wild and started chanting, the atmosphere was electric!"
"The protesters were obviously defeated and left pretty quickly. As they were leaving everyone was screaming and clapping, it was amazing! Sharon and Kelly are gay icons and they proved why on Sunday - they really are friends to the gay community, and in return we love them."
More Sharon Osbourne News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris