Kelsey Grammer Teary at Tonys Tribute Speech
Kelsey Grammer choked back tears as he paid tribute to his former TV brother David Hyde-Pierce at the Tony Awards on Sunday night, June 13. The two former "Frasier" stars teamed up to present the Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical, but Grammer insisted on honoring his friend for an award he had won before the telecast.
Hyde-Pierce received the Isabelle Stephenson Award "in recognition of his humanitarian work in the fight against Alzheimer's Disease." The actor also had an honor to bestow on Grammer, stating his performance in musical "La Cage aux Folles" is "beautiful." He joked, "I couldn't be prouder of you if you were my own brother."
The 2010 Tony Awards is dominated by "Memphis" in the winners list, followed by Grammer's "La Cage aux Folles", "Fela!" and "Fences'".
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'