Kelsey Grammer Teary at Tonys Tribute Speech
Kelsey Grammer choked back tears as he paid tribute to his former TV brother David Hyde-Pierce at the Tony Awards on Sunday night, June 13. The two former "Frasier" stars teamed up to present the Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical, but Grammer insisted on honoring his friend for an award he had won before the telecast.
Hyde-Pierce received the Isabelle Stephenson Award "in recognition of his humanitarian work in the fight against Alzheimer's Disease." The actor also had an honor to bestow on Grammer, stating his performance in musical "La Cage aux Folles" is "beautiful." He joked, "I couldn't be prouder of you if you were my own brother."
The 2010 Tony Awards is dominated by "Memphis" in the winners list, followed by Grammer's "La Cage aux Folles", "Fela!" and "Fences'".
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift