Kelsey Grammer Teary at Tonys Tribute Speech
Kelsey Grammer choked back tears as he paid tribute to his former TV brother David Hyde-Pierce at the Tony Awards on Sunday night, June 13. The two former "Frasier" stars teamed up to present the Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical, but Grammer insisted on honoring his friend for an award he had won before the telecast.
Hyde-Pierce received the Isabelle Stephenson Award "in recognition of his humanitarian work in the fight against Alzheimer's Disease." The actor also had an honor to bestow on Grammer, stating his performance in musical "La Cage aux Folles" is "beautiful." He joked, "I couldn't be prouder of you if you were my own brother."
The 2010 Tony Awards is dominated by "Memphis" in the
More Kelsey Grammer News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!