Kelsey Grammer Teary at Tonys Tribute Speech
Kelsey Grammer choked back tears as he paid tribute to his former TV brother David Hyde-Pierce at the Tony Awards on Sunday night, June 13. The two former "Frasier" stars teamed up to present the Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical, but Grammer insisted on honoring his friend for an award he had won before the telecast.
Hyde-Pierce received the Isabelle Stephenson Award "in recognition of his humanitarian work in the fight against Alzheimer's Disease." The actor also had an honor to bestow on Grammer, stating his performance in musical "La Cage aux Folles" is "beautiful." He joked, "I couldn't be prouder of you if you were my own brother."
The 2010 Tony Awards is dominated by "Memphis" in the winners list, followed by Grammer's "La Cage aux Folles", "Fela!" and "Fences'".
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'