Kelsey Grammer Teary at Tonys Tribute Speech
Kelsey Grammer choked back tears as he paid tribute to his former TV brother David Hyde-Pierce at the Tony Awards on Sunday night, June 13. The two former "Frasier" stars teamed up to present the Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical, but Grammer insisted on honoring his friend for an award he had won before the telecast.
Hyde-Pierce received the Isabelle Stephenson Award "in recognition of his humanitarian work in the fight against Alzheimer's Disease." The actor also had an honor to bestow on Grammer, stating his performance in musical "La Cage aux Folles" is "beautiful." He joked, "I couldn't be prouder of you if you were my own brother."
The 2010 Tony Awards is dominated by "Memphis" in the
More Kelsey Grammer News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes