'Save the Last Dance' Star Sean Patrick Thomas 'Blessed' With Upcoming Baby
"Save the Last Dance" star Sean Patrick Thomas and his actress wife Aonika Laurent feel "blessed" to be expecting their second child after suffering a series of miscarriages. The couple's first son, who they plan to call Luc, is due on Saturday, June 12, but Laurent admits her journey to become a mum again following the birth of their two-year-old daughter Lola Jolie has been long and painful.
She tells People, "The problem hasn't been getting pregnant, it's been keeping the pregnancy. We were blessed to get pregnant and stay pregnant." The stars recently celebrated the successful pregnancy with a baby shower in Beverly Hills, California, where they asked guests to wear butterfly clips as "a symbol of dreams coming true".
And Laurent is thankful to be given the opportunity to experience parenthood all over again. She adds, "The biggest, most important thing we will ever do beyond careers is being parents... We are so grateful to God for Luc. After so many miscarriages, to be blessed with both a daughter and a son... we couldn't be happier."
The couple wed in 2006.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift