'Save the Last Dance' Star Sean Patrick Thomas 'Blessed' With Upcoming Baby
"Save the Last Dance" star Sean Patrick Thomas and his actress wife Aonika Laurent feel "blessed" to be expecting their second child after suffering a series of miscarriages. The couple's first son, who they plan to call Luc, is due on Saturday, June 12, but Laurent admits her journey to become a mum again following the birth of their two-year-old daughter Lola Jolie has been long and painful.
She tells People, "The problem hasn't been getting pregnant, it's been keeping the pregnancy. We were blessed to get pregnant and stay pregnant." The stars recently celebrated the successful pregnancy with a baby shower in Beverly Hills, California, where they asked guests to wear butterfly clips as "a symbol of dreams coming true".
And Laurent is thankful to be given the opportunity to experience parenthood all over again. She adds, "The biggest, most important thing we will ever do beyond careers is being parents... We are so grateful to God for Luc. After so many miscarriages, to be blessed with both a daughter and a son... we couldn't be happier."
The couple wed in 2006.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart