'Save the Last Dance' Star Sean Patrick Thomas 'Blessed' With Upcoming Baby
"Save the Last Dance" star Sean Patrick Thomas and his actress wife Aonika Laurent feel "blessed" to be expecting their second child after suffering a series of miscarriages. The couple's first son, who they plan to call Luc, is due on Saturday, June 12, but Laurent admits her journey to become a mum again following the birth of their two-year-old daughter Lola Jolie has been long and painful.
She tells People, "The problem hasn't been getting pregnant, it's been keeping the pregnancy. We were blessed to get pregnant and stay pregnant." The stars recently celebrated the successful pregnancy with a baby shower in Beverly Hills, California, where they asked guests to wear butterfly clips as "a symbol of dreams coming true".
And Laurent is thankful to be given the opportunity to experience parenthood all over again. She adds, "The biggest, most important thing we will ever do beyond careers is being parents... We are so grateful to God for Luc. After so many miscarriages, to be blessed with both a daughter and a son... we couldn't be happier."
The couple wed in 2006.
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie