Lily Allen Calls Her Party Animal Reputation 'Silly'
Lily Allen insists her party animal reputation is unfair because she can't handle her booze. The "Smile" hitmaker previously sparked controversy with comments about drug-taking, and she was involved in a drunken spat with Sir Elton John at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in 2008.
But she insists her image as the wild woman of British pop is wrong, she's really a lightweight who gets drunk too quickly. In an interview with British TV channel Sky Arts, Allen says, "I just think it's all a bit silly really. I don't tell people to go out and take drugs, in fact I don't even drink that much."
"I drink a couple of glasses of wine before I go on stage. The reason you see pictures of me falling out of nightclubs is that I'm a terrible drinker and when I do drink I fall out of nightclubs so I don't do it that often!"
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments