KISS Open Audition for Opening Act
Veteran rockers KISS are giving unsigned bands the chance to join their upcoming North American tour - the band is offering up support slots as part of a new competition. The "Crazy Crazy Nights" hitmakers have teamed up with instrument retailer Guitar Center to launch a contest which will give aspiring artists a place opening for the band when The Hottest Show On Earth tour hits the U.S. in July.
Bands are invited to register via Gconstage.com and the best 22 groups will be picked by Kiss to join them on the road. The rockers announced the news in a video statement: "We are giving bands across the country the mind-blowing chance to open for one of the greatest rock groups on the planet when Kiss comes to their town."
"A lot of rock's greatest bands got their start opening for Kiss, including AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Motley Crue. Thirty-seven years ago someone gave Kiss the opportunity to become the hottest band on earth. Now, Kiss and Guitar Center are returning the favor by offering unsigned bands the opportunity to open for Kiss on The Hottest Show On Earth."
Motley Crue were involved in last year's competition, which saw the winning band The Last Vegas open for them on tour. The group was subsequently handed a record deal with Nikki Sixx's label.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?