KISS Open Audition for Opening Act
Veteran rockers KISS are giving unsigned bands the chance to join their upcoming North American tour - the band is offering up support slots as part of a new competition. The "Crazy Crazy Nights" hitmakers have teamed up with instrument retailer Guitar Center to launch a contest which will give aspiring artists a place opening for the band when The Hottest Show On Earth tour hits the U.S. in July.
Bands are invited to register via Gconstage.com and the best 22 groups will be picked by Kiss to join them on the road. The rockers announced the news in a video statement: "We are giving bands across the country the mind-blowing chance to open for one of the greatest rock groups on the planet when Kiss comes to their town."
"A lot of rock's greatest bands got their start opening for Kiss, including AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Motley Crue. Thirty-seven years ago someone gave Kiss the opportunity to become the hottest band on earth. Now, Kiss and Guitar Center are returning the favor by offering unsigned bands the opportunity to open for Kiss on The Hottest Show On Earth."
Motley Crue were involved in last year's competition, which saw the winning band The Last Vegas open for them on tour. The group was subsequently handed a record deal with Nikki Sixx's label.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture