KISS Open Audition for Opening Act
Veteran rockers KISS are giving unsigned bands the chance to join their upcoming North American tour - the band is offering up support slots as part of a new competition. The "Crazy Crazy Nights" hitmakers have teamed up with instrument retailer Guitar Center to launch a contest which will give aspiring artists a place opening for the band when The Hottest Show On Earth tour hits the U.S. in July.
Bands are invited to register via Gconstage.com and the best 22 groups will be picked by Kiss to join them on the road. The rockers announced the news in a video statement: "We are giving bands across the country the mind-blowing chance to open for one of the greatest rock groups on the planet when Kiss comes to their town."
"A lot of rock's greatest bands got their start opening for Kiss, including AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Motley Crue. Thirty-seven years ago someone gave Kiss the opportunity to become the hottest band on earth. Now, Kiss and Guitar Center are returning the favor by offering unsigned bands the opportunity to open for Kiss on The Hottest Show On Earth."
Motley Crue were involved in last year's competition, which saw the winning band The Last Vegas open for them on tour. The group was subsequently handed a record deal with Nikki Sixx's label.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent