'Sex and the City 2' Tops U.K. Box Office
The "Sex and the City" girls can rely on their fans in the U.K. - their movie sequel "Sex and the City 2" has strutted to the top of the British box office, just days after failing to excite U.S. cinemagoers. The highly-anticipated film failed to hit the top spot in America over the Memorial Day weekend, losing out to both "Shrek Forever After" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
But Brit devotees of the hit TV series-turned-movie franchise flocked to catch the return of Carrie Bradshaw. The sequel shot to the top of the box office with a $9.2 million (6.14 million pound sterling) opening weekend.
Dance movie "Streetdance 3D" fell to second place with takings of $2.7 million (1.82 million pound sterling), while Jake Gyllenhaal's "Prince of Persia" debuted in third place with $2.4 million (1.63 million pound sterling). Russell Crowe's update of the "Robin Hood" story and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new family comedy "Tooth Fairy" round out the new British top five.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip