'Sex and the City 2' Tops U.K. Box Office
The "Sex and the City" girls can rely on their fans in the U.K. - their movie sequel "Sex and the City 2" has strutted to the top of the British box office, just days after failing to excite U.S. cinemagoers. The highly-anticipated film failed to hit the top spot in America over the Memorial Day weekend, losing out to both "Shrek Forever After" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
But Brit devotees of the hit TV series-turned-movie franchise flocked to catch the return of Carrie Bradshaw. The sequel shot to the top of the box office with a $9.2 million (6.14 million pound sterling) opening weekend.
Dance movie "Streetdance 3D" fell to second place with takings of $2.7 million (1.82 million pound sterling), while Jake Gyllenhaal's "Prince of Persia" debuted in third place with $2.4 million (1.63 million pound sterling). Russell Crowe's update of the "Robin Hood" story and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new family comedy "Tooth Fairy" round out the new British top five.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage