'Sex and the City 2' Tops U.K. Box Office
The "Sex and the City" girls can rely on their fans in the U.K. - their movie sequel "Sex and the City 2" has strutted to the top of the British box office, just days after failing to excite U.S. cinemagoers. The highly-anticipated film failed to hit the top spot in America over the Memorial Day weekend, losing out to both "Shrek Forever After" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
But Brit devotees of the hit TV series-turned-movie franchise flocked to catch the return of Carrie Bradshaw. The sequel shot to the top of the box office with a $9.2 million (6.14 million pound sterling) opening weekend.
Dance movie "Streetdance 3D" fell to second place with takings of $2.7 million (1.82 million pound sterling), while Jake Gyllenhaal's "Prince of Persia" debuted in third place with $2.4 million (1.63 million pound sterling). Russell Crowe's update of the "Robin Hood" story and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new family comedy "Tooth Fairy" round out the new British top five.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby