'Sex and the City 2' Tops U.K. Box Office
The "Sex and the City" girls can rely on their fans in the U.K. - their movie sequel "Sex and the City 2" has strutted to the top of the British box office, just days after failing to excite U.S. cinemagoers. The highly-anticipated film failed to hit the top spot in America over the Memorial Day weekend, losing out to both "Shrek Forever After" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
But Brit devotees of the hit TV series-turned-movie franchise flocked to catch the return of Carrie Bradshaw. The sequel shot to the top of the box office with a $9.2 million (6.14 million pound sterling) opening weekend.
Dance movie "Streetdance 3D" fell to second place with takings of $2.7 million (1.82 million pound sterling), while Jake Gyllenhaal's "Prince of Persia" debuted in third place with $2.4 million (1.63 million pound sterling). Russell Crowe's update of the "Robin Hood" story and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new family comedy "Tooth Fairy" round out the new British top five.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington