'Sex and the City 2' Tops U.K. Box Office
The "Sex and the City" girls can rely on their fans in the U.K. - their movie sequel "Sex and the City 2" has strutted to the top of the British box office, just days after failing to excite U.S. cinemagoers. The highly-anticipated film failed to hit the top spot in America over the Memorial Day weekend, losing out to both "Shrek Forever After" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
But Brit devotees of the hit TV series-turned-movie franchise flocked to catch the return of Carrie Bradshaw. The sequel shot to the top of the box office with a $9.2 million (6.14 million pound sterling) opening weekend.
Dance movie "Streetdance 3D" fell to second place with takings of $2.7 million (1.82 million pound sterling), while Jake Gyllenhaal's "Prince of Persia" debuted in third place with $2.4 million (1.63 million pound sterling). Russell Crowe's update of the "Robin Hood" story and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's new family comedy "Tooth Fairy" round out the new British top five.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival