Homer Simpson Dubbed Best Character
The Simpsons' dumb dad Homer Simpson has topped a new list of the best TV and movie character of the last 20 years. The yellow cartoon character with a love of doughnuts beat out boy wizard Harry Potter and Sarah Michelle Gellar's TV vampire slayer Buffy to take the top spot on the new Entertainment Weekly magazine countdown.
Tony Soprano and "Batman" villain The Joker round out the top five, while Jennifer Aniston's "Friends" character Rachel Green, Johnny Depp's Edward Scissorhands, Hannibal Lecter, Carrie Bradshaw and Spongebob Squarepants made the top 10.
Homer Simpson is still featured in animated TV series "The Simpsons" which is aired by FOX. The show first debuted in 1989 and has just wrapped up the 21st season on Sunday, May 23.
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC