Homer Simpson Dubbed Best Character
The Simpsons' dumb dad Homer Simpson has topped a new list of the best TV and movie character of the last 20 years. The yellow cartoon character with a love of doughnuts beat out boy wizard Harry Potter and Sarah Michelle Gellar's TV vampire slayer Buffy to take the top spot on the new Entertainment Weekly magazine countdown.
Tony Soprano and "Batman" villain The Joker round out the top five, while Jennifer Aniston's "Friends" character Rachel Green, Johnny Depp's Edward Scissorhands, Hannibal Lecter, Carrie Bradshaw and Spongebob Squarepants made the top 10.
Homer Simpson is still featured in animated TV series "The Simpsons" which is aired by FOX. The show first debuted in 1989 and has just wrapped up the 21st season on Sunday, May 23.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner