British Series 'Skins' Coming to Wider Screen
A British teen drama which helped launch the careers of Nicholas Hoult and Dev Patel is set to be transformed for the big screen. Patel landed his role in Oscar-winning film "Slumdog Millionaire" after director Danny Boyle's daughter pointed out his performance in "Skins", a series focusing on the debauched lives of a group of students in Bristol, England.
Hoult went on to land movie roles in "A Single Man" and "Clash of the Titans" following his stint in the racy drama. Now "Skins" bosses are hoping to copy their former employees' success at the box office with a full-length feature film next year.
Producer Steve Christian says, "The biggest critics of Skins are the Skins fans so it's going to be a big challenge. The programme has this incredible fanbase despite all the characters changing. Skins has grown in popularity with more than 1.5 million people tuning in to the start of the recent fourth series."
"Turning TV shows into films doesn't happen so much these days, probably because there's not the material out there. But what we don't want to do is to make a 90 minute episode of Skins. It would be a complete disaster."
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2