British Series 'Skins' Coming to Wider Screen
A British teen drama which helped launch the careers of Nicholas Hoult and Dev Patel is set to be transformed for the big screen. Patel landed his role in Oscar-winning film "Slumdog Millionaire" after director Danny Boyle's daughter pointed out his performance in "Skins", a series focusing on the debauched lives of a group of students in Bristol, England.
Hoult went on to land movie roles in "A Single Man" and "Clash of the Titans" following his stint in the racy drama. Now "Skins" bosses are hoping to copy their former employees' success at the box office with a full-length feature film next year.
Producer Steve Christian says, "The biggest critics of Skins are the Skins fans so it's going to be a big challenge. The programme has this incredible fanbase despite all the characters changing. Skins has grown in popularity with more than 1.5 million people tuning in to the start of the recent fourth series."
"Turning TV shows into films doesn't happen so much these days, probably because there's not the material out there. But what we don't want to do is to make a 90 minute episode of Skins. It would be a complete disaster."
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!