British Series 'Skins' Coming to Wider Screen
A British teen drama which helped launch the careers of Nicholas Hoult and Dev Patel is set to be transformed for the big screen. Patel landed his role in Oscar-winning film "Slumdog Millionaire" after director Danny Boyle's daughter pointed out his performance in "Skins", a series focusing on the debauched lives of a group of students in Bristol, England.
Hoult went on to land movie roles in "A Single Man" and "Clash of the Titans" following his stint in the racy drama. Now "Skins" bosses are hoping to copy their former employees' success at the box office with a full-length feature film next year.
Producer Steve Christian says, "The biggest critics of Skins are the Skins fans so it's going to be a big challenge. The programme has this incredible fanbase despite all the characters changing. Skins has grown in popularity with more than 1.5 million people tuning in to the start of the recent fourth series."
"Turning TV shows into films doesn't happen so much these days, probably because there's not the material out there. But what we don't want to do is to make a 90 minute episode of Skins. It would be a complete disaster."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!